Don't Call Dibs Just Yet! Cars.com Names the Top Vehicles for Backseat Passengers
CHICAGO, Aug. 28, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The editors at Cars.com, the premier online resource for buying and selling new and used vehicles, compiled a list of the best vehicles for backseat passengers. Critiquing legroom, headroom, and overall comfort, the Cars.com list highlights cars across many segments that exceed rear seating expectations.
"Design trends have led to a lot of cramped backseats in new cars but there are many that are increasing spaciousness and comfort of the backseat," said Patrick Olsen , Cars.com Editor-in-Chief. "Backseats can be overlooked during the car buying process, especially by car shoppers without a family. Even if backseats aren't your top priority, we recommend at least trying them out; your occasional backseat passenger will thank you."
Vehicles with the best backseats, according to Cars.com's editors are:
- 2012 Chevrolet Equinox - When slid back, the rear seats give generous legroom as well as a large storage space.
- 2012 Dodge Challenger – The headroom and legroom of the backseat make it the roomiest among similar coupes.
- 2013 Ford Flex – With an abundance of legroom and headroom, the rear seating stands out among other three-row crossovers.
- 2012 Hyundai Azera – The spacious backseat also boasts three rear windows with sunshades that pull over the glass to keep heat out of the cabin.
- 2012 Nissan Versa – Rear seating provides passengers with more room than other models in the subcompact category.
- 2012 Toyota Avalon – The unique configuration flaunts a roomy backseat with reclining backrests.
- 2012 Toyota Tundra CrewMax – As the largest cab offered, the full four-door configuration provides more rear legroom with unique sliding and reclining options.
- 2012 Volkswagen Passat - The generous rear room rivals the backseat comfort found in many extended model luxury sedans.
For the full list of vehicles and reviews, visit blogs.cars.com.
Cars.com is an award-winning online destination for car shoppers that offers information from consumers and experts to help buyers formulate opinions on what to buy, where to buy and how much to pay for a car. Cars.com is a division of Classified Ventures LLC, which is owned by leading media companies, including A.H. Belo (NYSE: AHC), Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI), The McClatchy Company (NYSE: MNI), Tribune Company and The Washington Post Company (NYSE: WPO).
More by this Source
Cars.com Names the 2013 Nissan Sentra the Most Affordable Compact Sedan
May 16, 2013, 06:00 ET
Cars.com Names U.S. Cities with the Greenest Car Shoppers
Apr 19, 2013, 14:00 ET
Cars.com Names the Best Hybrids for the Money
Apr 16, 2013, 07:00 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.