Don't dump that extra PC -- turn it into an instant second display with Avatron Software's new Air Display for Windows® Avatron Software's Air Display, already the #2 top grossing utility app for iPad, now enables users to extend their desktop onto a Windows PC
PORTLAND, Ore., Sept. 18, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Upgrading your PC or switching from Windows® to Mac®? Spare the landfill and get yourself more screen space by using your old PC as an additional monitor with mobile app developer Avatron Software's new version of Air Display for Windows. Now you've got extra real estate on your PC for the PowerPoint presentation, one for the Word doc and another to monitor email or social networks. The PC joins the iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, Android smartphones and tablet to extend your desktop — wirelessly — for enhanced productivity and mobility.
Regardless of how it's used, Air Display — like all Avatron productivity apps — blurs the boundaries between personal computers, mobile devices and the cloud:
- Business: Move all of your iWork and Office tool palettes and inspector windows onto the extra screen, and let your document fill the main screen.
- Fill your second display with essential apps like Outlook, Mail, social networks, and more.
- Graphic design: Make Photoshop and Illustrator usable on your laptop by putting your tool palettes on the second display.
- Music: Use your extra PC as the ultimate control surface for Logic or Pro Tools with always-on access.
- Programming: Use the extra display area for such auxiliary development tools
- Photography: Hold a live feed on one screen; adjust lighting with the other.
- Keep that second PC working for you as an external monitor, rather than adding to the landfill and get more mileage out of depreciated computers.
"Our newest version of one of our most popular apps allows users to extend the life of their still-useful PCs by turning them into a second display to mirror or extend their desktop," said Dave Howell, CEO of Avatron Software. "Our users have shown us unlimited ways to employ multiple screens for increased productivity and mobility and PCs offer an excellent new option for a whole new audience."
The cross-platform wireless Air Display app, which users can try for free for up to an hour before purchasing, boasts simple setup and instantaneous benefits connecting with a device over a local wireless network. The required Mac or Windows components are installed on the main machine with the Air Display app loaded on the Mac or Windows PC, or iOS or Android-based tablet or smartphone. Immediately following connection, the Air Display screen becomes a second monitor for the main Mac or PC. Simple controls determine whether the second PC acts as a separate monitor or mirrors the contents of the main screen.
While the iOS edition of Air Display just works wirelessly, both the Mac and Windows editions enable either wireless or wired use over an Ethernet connection for optimal frame rate and image quality.
The Air Display app, which has already scored excellent reviews from CNET, Gizmodo, PC Magazine and Wired, creates extra monitor space for graphics software like Photoshop, Office or iWork or games that require more area than a traditional laptop's 13" screen.
Download & install Air Display Connect for free on your main Windows PC or Mac at www.avatron.com/apps/air-display. Air Display for iPad and iPhone is available for $9.99 in the App Store. Air Display is part of Avatron's highly-acclaimed family of productivity apps for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad. For more information, visit www.avatron.com.
SOURCE Avatron Software