Doritos Announces Return Of Crash The Super Bowl Contest With Details To Be Unveiled On Sept. 19 Contest Details to be Revealed During Webcast on www.CrashtheSuperBowl.com
PLANO, Texas, Sept. 5, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The Doritos brand today announced the return of Crash the Super Bowl, the groundbreaking contest that invites consumers to create homemade Doritos ads for the chance to see their work air during the Super Bowl broadcast. Marking the seventh anniversary of the program, this year's contest promises to be the biggest, boldest to date with many exciting new twists and an opportunity for the winner that could be a true career game changer. Full details will be revealed during a not-to-be-missed announcement webcast taking place at www.crashthesuperbowl.com at 8 p.m. EDT / 5 p.m. PDT on Sept. 19, 2012. A recording of the event will be available on the Doritos Facebook page following the live announcement.
As one of the marquee brands from PepsiCo's Frito-Lay division, Doritos originally introduced Crash the Super Bowl in 2007, and aired its first consumer-created commercial during Super Bowl XLIV. Over the last six years, consumer-created Doritos ads have consistently ranked within the top-five spots of the USA TODAY Ad Meter, and three of the last four years they have scored the No. 1 ranking. As a result, the creators of these top-ranked winning ads have been awarded millions of dollars in grand prize money. Contest finalists have also gone on to receive commercial work, Hollywood representation and other once-in-a-lifetime opportunities. To date, the brand has received more than 19,000 consumer-generated ad submissions further demonstrating the popularity of the award-winning program.
PepsiCo's relationship with the NFL is among the company's longest running and most successful sports sponsorships. PepsiCo will leverage its relationship with the NFL to connect with consumers throughout the season, with activations spanning many of the company's largest food and beverage brands. Examples include:
- Pepsi will sponsor the Super Bowl XLVII Halftime Show in New Orleans on February 3, 2013, bringing Pepsi's signature style of consumer engagement to pop culture's biggest stage.
- Pepsi and the NFL recently launched the Pepsi NFL Anthems program, a national campaign that will feature some of today's most talented musical artists, iconic NFL teams, and exciting players.
- Quaker Oats is teaming up with the NFL and quarterback Andrew Luck on the NFL PLAY 60 Super Bowl Contest presented by Quaker, a program that will find inspiring kids who make eating right and physical fitness a priority and can motivate their peers to do the same.
- Gatorade and its Gatorade Sports Science Institute are working closely with 11 NFL rookies this year to help guide their nutrition plans and help improve performance. Each rookie's story is being documented in a web series called "Everything to Prove" on NFL.com.
- Frito-Lay and Pepsi are joining forces for the "Make Your Game Day Official" promotion, which will give consumers who purchase Frito-Lay and Pepsi foods and beverages together a chance to win official NFL prizes.
Doritos tortilla chips is one of the billion-dollar brands that make up Frito-Lay North America, the $13 billion convenient foods business unit of PepsiCo (NYSE: PEP), which is headquartered in Purchase, NY. To learn more about the Doritos brand, visit its website at www.doritos.com or on Twitter at www.twitter.com/DoritosUSA or on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/DoritosUSA.
PepsiCo is a global food and beverage leader with net revenues of more than $65 billion and a product portfolio that includes 22 brands that generate more than $1 billion each in annual retail sales. Our main businesses – Quaker, Tropicana, Gatorade, Frito-Lay and Pepsi-Cola – make hundreds of enjoyable foods and beverages that are loved throughout the world. PepsiCo's people are united by our unique commitment to sustainable growth by investing in a healthier future for people and our planet, which we believe also means a more successful future for PepsiCo. We call this commitment Performance with Purpose: PepsiCo's promise to provide a wide range of foods and beverages for local tastes; to find innovative ways to minimize our impact on the environment by conserving energy and water and reducing packaging volume; to provide a great workplace for our associates; and to respect, support and invest in the local communities where we operate. For more information, please visit www.pepsico.com.
- Twitter (@PepsiCo)
- PepsiCo Blogs
- PepsiCo Press Releases
- PepsiCo Multimedia
- PepsiCo Videos