Do's and Don'ts on Denver Broncos Tickets
WASHINGTON, Oct. 30, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The National Association of Ticket Brokers ("NATB") is reminding football fans that buying from an authorized NATB site is the safest way to purchase football tickets from the secondary market; this after the Denver Broncos reported an increase in counterfeit tickets for this season's games.
A recent report in a Denver newspaper says NFL tickets purchased through ads on Craigslist have been counterfeit despite looking like the "real thing." According to the report, fans buy tickets using a third party pay service like PayPal, they receive their tickets only to be turned away at the gate when it is discovered the tickets are actually fake. A spokesperson for the Denver Broncos says the arrival of Peyton Manning has quite likely caused the increase of counterfeit tickets and ticket fraud artists.
NATB General Counsel and Executive Director Gary Adler says, "This doesn't mean that buying tickets from the secondary market has to end in disappointment, it simply means people need to educate themselves and purchase tickets from a reputable broker."
The NATB has supplied consumers with a list of Do's and Don'ts that should help in making their ticket purchase a successful one.
- Check to see if the reseller is a member of the NATB at www.natb.org. The NATB has membership standards that promote ethical business conduct. For example, NATB members offer a 200% money-back guarantee if a ticket is not delivered.
- Know the difference between a broker (legitimate and accredited reseller) and a scalper (unregulated and unlicensed ticket seller).
- Only deal with a reseller that provides clear details about the terms of the transaction.
- Check the consumer protection measures the broker has in place, including its refund policy.
- Use a credit card or another secure form of payment, which provides better protection than cash. If a reseller only accepts cash - beware.
- Always ask for section, row and seat numbers to avoid buying phantom tickets.
- Verify the location of seats on a seating chart provided by the venue to avoid being misled into purchasing obstructed view seats or seats that do not exist.
- If you purchase a counterfeit ticket, immediately report it to the NATB's hotline at 1-630-510-4594.
- Ask questions. Don't be afraid to get all the answers you need to feel comfortable.
- If someone is listing a ticket at the fraction of the price being charged elsewhere use caution. If something looks too good to be true it usually is.
- Avoid buying tickets from scalpers on the street or in front of venues.
- Avoid buying tickets from unsecured or misleading internet sites.
- Do not use cash.
Any and all questions, comments or interview requests may be made directly to Gary Adler at (202) 216-8307 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The NATB was formed in 1994 by a group of leading ticket brokers involved in the sale of sports, concerts and theater admission tickets, for the purpose of establishing an industry-wide standard of conduct and to create ethical rules and procedures to educate the public concerning ticket-brokering services and to serve the primary goal of the NATB -- promoting consumer protection. All members of the NATB are dedicated to the principle of assuring the public that dealings with NATB members are conducted with integrity, reliability and convenience. To this end, the NATB has created procedures that permit the public to report improper and unethical conduct by ticket brokers, and to disseminate consumer protection warnings and guidelines. Through self-governance, the NATB has provided many enhanced protections for ticket-buying consumers. The NATB has worked with law enforcement agencies across the country, state and federal legislators and the NFL and other professional sports leagues and teams, to accomplish these goals, and has been vital in the NFL's fight against counterfeit and stolen tickets.
More information about the NATB is available at www.natb.org.
SOURCE National Association of Ticket Brokers
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.