Dow Jones VentureWire Reveals List of 50 Start-ups to Watch; Selected Companies to Present at Dow Jones VentureWire FASTech Conference Top venture capitalists, technology experts and Dow Jones editors hand picked 50 early-stage start-ups to be featured at Dow Jones VentureWire FASTech, Nov. 3-4 in Redwood City, Calif.
NEW YORK, Oct. 12 /PRNewswire/ -- Dow Jones VentureWire worked with ten seasoned venture capitalists and technology experts, to screen and select 50 technology companies that are leading in innovation and have demonstrated the potential for longevity and success. Start-ups named to the Dow Jones FASTech 50 Start-ups to Watch list have the opportunity to present their technology and business plans during the Dow Jones VentureWire FASTech conference, taking place Nov. 3-4 in Redwood City, Calif.
The Dow Jones FASTech 50 Start-ups to Watch list shares an inside look at the technology companies leading investors and industry editors think could become the next big success. The list features 50 early-stage innovative companies from across the technology industry — including online commerce, web applications, security, the cloud, energy efficiency and health care technology. Five of the noteworthy companies already gaining traction in the industry are:
- Foursquare Labs – Provider of a location based social network that allows users broadcast their locations to their friends.
- Shopkick – Developer of location-based applications that allow users to earn real money by visiting a store or restaurant and then donate the value to charity on behalf of sponsors.
- Cloudera – Provider of enterprise-level support to users of Apache Hadoop. The company also provides a training program aimed at producers and users of large volumes of data.
- Red Beacon – Provider of an online service that allows consumers to receive price quotes and book appointments for local services.
- Eucalyptus Systems – Developer of an open source system for implementing on-premise private and hybrid cloud computing.
To view the full watch list, visit http://fastech.dowjones.com/index.php/speakers#startups.
The advisory board for the watch list included leading venture capitalists and technology experts from Draper Fisher Jurvetson, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, Accel Partners, Menlo Ventures, Institutional Venture Partners, Founders Fund, Sequoia Capital, Intel Capital, Matrix Partners and Bridgescale.
Only the participants of the Dow Jones VentureWire FASTech will hear directly from the budding technology companies named to the watch list and get a first-hand look at their game-changing solutions. To register for the conference or learn more, visit http://fastech.dowjones.com or call 877-295-9881.
Nair & Co. is a Gold Sponsor of Dow Jones VentureWire FASTech and SecondMarket is a Silver Sponsor.
ABOUT DOW JONES
Dow Jones & Company (www.dowjones.com) is a News Corporation company (Nasdaq: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV; www.newscorp.com) and a leading provider of global news and business information. Its principal products include The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Dow Jones Factiva, Barron's and MarketWatch. Through its Local Media Group, Dow Jones operates community-based newspapers and Web sites. Dow Jones also provides news content to television and radio stations.
SOURCE Dow Jones & Company