BLOOMINGDALE, Ill., May 3, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Today, industry leading natural products manufacturer NOW® announces the launch of NOW® Pets, a line of natural pet supplements designed for dogs and cats. Developed under the guidance of Dr. Barbara Royal, DVM, CVA – a renowned Midwestern veterinarian and pioneering expert in holistic animal care – and manufactured with NOW's expertise in producing safe and efficacious quality products, the NOW® Pets line can be a trusted resource for supporting optimal animal health. Visit http://nowpetsupplements.com.
"Just as we're committed helping people achieve wellness, it's equally important to focus on the health and well-being of our furry friends and beloved companions," said Jim Emme, CEO of NOW Health Group, Inc. "We're pleased to offer NOW® Pets as a trusted solution for your pets' nutritional needs, made from the same superior natural ingredients we use in our human supplements and subjected to the same strict quality standards."
NOW® Pets products are intended to address today's most common pet health concerns, including immune system health, normal joint structure and function, cardiovascular health, a healthy mood, a lustrous coat, and more. The eight supplements currently available – G.I. Support, Weight Management, Immune Support, Joint Support, Pet Relaxant, Omega-3 Support, L-Lysine for Cats and Urinary Support – were formulated based on ingredients and ingredient combinations recommended by Dr. Royal and supported by the latest clinical research. NOW® Pets has been quality certified by the National Animal Supplement Council (NASC), and bears the seal on every label.
"I wanted to work with NOW on a pet supplement line because their commitment to bringing natural products to market is so impressive – from the sourcing of natural ingredients to how it's manufactured – there isn't one scenario where they could do it better," said Dr. Royal, who owns The Royal Treatment Veterinary Center in Chicago, Ill. "Offering supplements that are as natural as possible is super important for animal health, and working with NOW ensures that every supplement has the integrity of naturally sourced, high-quality ingredients."
Dr. Royal shares her top five tips to help keep pets healthy and safe as the weather heats up this summer:
- NEVER, EVER leave your pet in a car. Even if the day feels cool (even 65 degrees!), the summer sun can heat up the inside of a car (even with the windows open/cracked) to temperatures above 90 degrees in as little as 10 minutes. From there it's just a few minutes until it's over 120 degrees. Even if it's not fatal, exposure to high heat for even a few minutes can cause illness, collapse, severe gastroenteritis and other serious health issues.
- Use ice cube trays to make and freeze your own treats. Avoid treats that increase inflammation and heat in the body, especially treats with grains or high in carbs. Summer is hot and cooling down can be yummy and healthful. Add cooling or calming herbal teas to treats, like peppermint tea, chamomile tea or sage tea. Depending on the situation, you can also add aloe juice or apple cider vinegar.
- Avoid pesticides, herbicides and fungicides, as they can all be toxic to pets. These types of chemicals can be found in lawn treatments, insect sprays, and other pest control products, even in squeeze on and oral pesticides used for flea and tick control on pets. There are many natural pest control products that are better suited to the health of our pets and our planet.
- Encourage pets to play and interact, but always keep them hydrated. Dog parks and beaches can be wonderful fun, but make sure your pet has access to fresh water (salt water from ocean beaches is not drinkable) and a place in the shade to cool down – especially black pets in the sun. Overweight animals, very young animals, and very old animals will have more trouble managing the heat. If you've been noticing your pet is making more noise when breathing, this could also mean they are less likely to handle hot temperatures. Keep them indoors and out of the heat when possible.
- Help reduce your pet's anxiety from loud noises. Try NOW® Pets Relaxant 30 to 60 minutes before any fireworks displays or exposure to loud noises to help reduce anxiety. Remember, don't bring pets to fireworks displays or parades in the heat as it can be very hot, frightening and confusing for them.
To coordinate an interview with Dr. Royal and/or to request samples of NOW® Pets supplements, email Alana.Horinko@nowfoods.com. NOW® Pets products are available at health food stores nationwide and at www.nowpetsupplements.com. To stay up-to-date on NOW news, follow them on Instagram at http://bit.ly/1P5xJSO, as well as Facebook and Twitter.
Founded by Elwood Richard in 1968 on the belief that natural is better, NOW has grown from a small family operation into one of the most highly respected manufacturers in the natural products industry. Still a family-owned company today, NOW provides customers with a comprehensive approach to wellness by offering more than 1,400 dietary supplements, foods, sports nutrition and personal care products. NOW is committed to offering safe, affordable products of the highest quality, and is a highly regarded advocate in the natural products industry. Its state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in Bloomingdale, Ill., has been GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice)-certified since 2000 and its in-house laboratory capabilities are among the best in the industry. The company has over 1500 employees, and its products are sold in more than 70 countries. After more than 45 years in the natural products industry, NOW remains committed to its original mission – to provide value in products and services that empower people to lead healthier lives.
Alana Horinko, 630-545-9098 Alana.Horinko@nowfoods.com
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/dr-barbara-royal-renowned-holistic-vet-shares-5-tips-to-keep-pets-healthy-and-safe-this-summer-300261203.html