Dr. Zein Obagi, Founder of ZO Skin Health, Inc., Announces the Launch of ZO® MEDICAL to Raise the Bar in Skin Health Restoration, Which he Launched 25 Years Ago
IRVINE, Calif., April 26, 2012 /PRNewswire/-- On March 17th at the American Academy of Dermatology Annual Meeting, ZO Skin Health, Inc. introduced its new line of medical skin care products, ZO® MEDICAL by Zein Obagi, MD, a therapeutic skin care system developed by world renowned dermatologist Dr. Zein Obagi that will be sold exclusively through physicians' offices both in the United States and in over forty (40) countries internationally.
ZO® MEDICAL is Dr. Zein Obagi's new generation of therapeutic skin care based on his new thinking and reflecting his views on the need to regulate and limit the usage of hydroquinone and retinoic acid for three to five months of treatment. Once therapeutic treatment is complete alternative topical agents should be used. Together with the ZO® SKIN HEALTH line he introduced in 2008, they complete Dr. Zein Obagi's ZO® Skin Health Circle™. The products have been created to address a wide range of skin disorders and chronic conditions. With decades of science and experience invested in its development, ZO® MEDICAL by Zein Obagi, MD is suited for everyone, regardless of skin condition, age, gender, or ethnicity.
Dr. Zein Obagi says, "My new line of therapeutic skin care is raising the bar of skin health: a concept I created over 25 years ago and which represents my new thinking of skin health completing my ZO® Skin Health Circle™. It is now a reality."
The ZO® Skin Health Circle™ is an innovative approach focusing on Daily Skincare, Protection, Therapeutic, and Maintenance solutions, which allow patients to achieve continuously healthy skin using today's groundbreaking skin-care protocols, treatments, and products that will enable physicians to retain their patients indefinitely and expand the need for physician services.
Twenty years ago, Dr. Zein Obagi pioneered the concept of skin health and conceived of, and brought to market, a line of medical skincare products – the original Obagi Nu-Derm® System – that transformed aging skin. Dr. Zein Obagi founded WorldWide Products, which produced and marketed the original Obagi Nu-Derm® System. At that time, Dr. Zein Obagi merely intended to challenge the norms of traditional skin care. Instead he shattered the status quo. Today his ideas about skin health are no longer surprising; they have become mainstream. Subsequently WorldWide was purchased by Obagi Medical Products, Inc., a company that Dr. Zein Obagi no longer has any affiliation while OMP retained his family name (Obagi®) as their trademark he identified his new line with his full name, Zein Obagi MD.
ZO® MEDICAL b y Zein Obagi, MD includes 11 industry-leading products, with the latest in skin-care technology, including biotechnology complexes, plant stem-cell components, and multi-therapy delivery systems. Proprietary formulations target pigmentation and discoloration, acne and oily skin, visible signs of skin aging, redness and rosacea, and potent UV protection. The 11 products, which will soon be available at leading physician offices, include:
- Normacleanse™: A gentle cleanser for normal to dry skin with collagen-boosting peptides to firm skin.
- Oilacleanse™: A dual-action cleanser best for normal to oily skin that removes impurities and targets excess oil to prevent clogged pores.
- Balatone™: A calming toner designed to invigorate dry, weak skin, remove impurities, and balance skin pH.
- Cebatrol™: Oil control pads that exfoliate with salicylic acid to manage acne, reduce oiliness, and smooth skin.
- Glycogent™: A glycolic and lactic acid complex that exfoliates to remove dead skin cells and calms skin with anti-inflammatory antioxidants.
- Brightenex™: A NEW alternative to hydroquinone for skin brightening. A non HQ blend of 1% retinol, melanin inhibitors, and antioxidants brighten and even skin tone.
- Retamax™: Retinol a in rapid delivery system improves skin tone, texture, and firmness to reverse the signs of aging.
- Melamin™: Rx-Available by prescription only. With 4% hydroquinone to inhibit melanin production and correct pigmentation problems in conditions like melasma, freckles, and sun spots.
- Melamix™: Rx-Available by prescription only. A skin lightener and blending crème with 4% hydroquinone, a gradual lightening agent.
- ZO® Controlled Depth Peel™ Kit: For professional use only, the kit when used with TCA 30% treats the skin conditions of acne, wrinkles, fine lines, skin pigmentation disorders, and sun damage (TCA not included).
- Tretinoin 0.1% and Tretinoin 0.05%: Rx-Available by prescription only.
"ZO® MEDICAL celebrates and personifies my commitment to developing and providing proven, potent, and efficacious solutions for healthy, youthful-looking skin for everyone, no matter what skin condition a patient is facing," says Zein Obagi, MD.
ZO® MEDICAL products will be sold exclusively through physician practices throughout the world.
You can find more information about ZO® MEDICAL by Zein Obagi, MD and ZO Skin Health, Inc. by visiting www.zoskinhealth.com or by calling Deborah Tomes at (949) 988-7524.
About Zein Obagi, MD: Researcher, innovator, scientist, published author, lecturer, and board-certified dermatologist, Dr. Zein Obagi has achieved international renown as a leading authority on skin rejuvenation. Dr. Zein Obagi practices at the Obagi Skin Health Institute in Beverly Hills and the Obagi Skin Health Institute in San Gabriel, California.
ZO Skin Health, Inc. and Dr. Zein Obagi have no business relationship with Obagi Medical Products, and Obagi Medical Products does not sell or endorse using any ZO® product. "ZO" is a registered trademark of ZO Skin Health, Inc. "Obagi" and "Obagi Nu-Derm" are registered trademarks of Obagi Medical Products, Inc.
SOURCE ZO Skin Health, Inc.
More by this Source
ZO Skin Health, Inc. Announces 2014 Educational Programs Presented By Dr. Obagi
Mar 10, 2014, 06:17 ET
ZO Skin Health, Inc. Announces New International Faculty
Feb 18, 2014, 06:23 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.