NEW YORK, Sept. 14, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Jackson State University and Florida A&M University (FAMU) have reached separate agreements with The Dream Network (Dream TV, www.thedream-network.com) that will result in a market expansion, and several new student-produced content properties for the network.
Dream TV's expansion with Jackson State University will commence via a partnership with JSUTV, a commercial broadcast station in Jackson, MS (DMA 95, 319,570 households). Content from JSUTV and Dream TV will be broadcast on Comcast Cable channel 14 in Jackson, as well as Dream TV's digital and broadcast affiliates this fall. "I am very pleased and supportive of the partnership between JSUTV and Dream TV. The positive programming of Dream TV works into the mission of our school Studies. We believe in positive content and Dream TV is the right fit for us. As Dean of the School of Journalism and Media Studies we welcome Dream TV to our team," commented Elayne H. Anthony. Ph. D., Dean of the School of Journalism and Media Studies for Jackson State University.
Florida A&M University's award-winning student-run media project, Rattlers United, will package one of its newest shows, "First Strike" for distribution on Dream TV. "First Strike," created and produced by Florida A&M student, Ernest "Street Noize" Nelfrard, is a weekly on-demand show that showcases the life and times on the energy-charged campus. The series will cover campus events, student life, and capture the overall spirit of the university. "The FAMU School of Journalism & Graphic Communication is a family and we are honored that Dream TV is adding a new show, First Strike, to its impressive video lineup. This show, produced by one of our most creative and innovative broadcast journalism majors, Ernest Nelfrard, is an energetic documentation of life on the HBCU campus. Thank you, Dream Network CEO Chester Jones III, for providing this great forum to Ernest and to FAMU," said Dr. Ann Wead Kimbrough, Dean, Florida A&M University's School of Journalism & Graphic Communication. Episodes of "First Strike" will begin airing on Dream TV in September.
- Jackson State University is a Historically Black College and University (HBCU) located in Jackson, Mississippi, and currently ranks as the fourth largest HBCU in the nation. Jackson State continues to enhance the state of Mississippi, the nation, and world through comprehensive economic development, healthcare, technological and educational initiatives.
- JSUTV is an affiliate of America One network and operates 24 hours, 7 days a week. The station broadcasts on Comcast Cable channel 14 in the Jackson Metropolitan area, and reaches more than 180,000 households around the state.
- Florida A&M University (FAMU) is a Historically Black College and University located in Tallahassee, FL, and currently ranks as the third largest HBCU in the nation. The U.S. News & World Report recently listed FAMU as the top public Historically Black College or University in the nation, and it is also listed among The Princeton Review's "Best in the Southeast" colleges.
- Rattlers United is a student-run media project whose mission is to highlight "Rattler life and events on demand," and has won a "Best Student Media" award for its content.
- Dream TV is a 24/7 digital multicast television network that is available nationwide via OTA distribution, Roku TV, Direct TV (Channel 5556 via the MyTVChannels package), WhereverTV and via internet streaming which allows the network to be accessed anytime, anywhere via any mobile device, laptop, or desktop computer via www.iPhonetv4u.com and www.iPadtv4u.com apps.
- Some current national affiliates that carry Dream TV include, WHPR-TV33, channel 33.4 in Detroit, MI, WBCG 39.4/WXFL 10 in Florence/Decatur, AL, and WBQP, channel 18 in Pensacola, FL.
- Dream TV is available on Roku 24 hours a day under the Clear View Broadcasting, New Beginnings, and Movee4u channel packages.
- Dream TV is available on several set-top box platforms including ZAAPTV, Twingro, MagicTV, and MBox.
- Dream TV can also be streamed on RabbitTV Plus.
- Dream TV is majority African-American owned.
For more information on Jackson State University, please visit: http://www.jsums.edu/
For more information on JSUTV, please visit: http://myjsutv.com/
For more information on Florida A&M University, please visit: http://famu.edu/
For more information on Rattlers United, please visit Facebook/Instagram: @RattlersUnited
For more information on Dream TV, please visit: http://thedream-network.com/
Social Media (Facebook/Twitter/Instagram): The Dream Network, @RealDreamTV, and thedreamnetwork.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/dream-tv-solidifies-partnerships-with-hbcus-jackson-state-university-and-florida-am-university-300327963.html
SOURCE The Dream Network