Drivers burn rubber at Cedar Point's Wheels of Thunder V
Guests can challenge legendary driver Dale Earnhardt Jr. to a race!
SANDUSKY, Ohio, Aug. 11, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The home of the some of the world's fastest roller coasters will welcome one of the country's best-loved speed demons, Dale Earnhardt Jr. , next week for Wheels of Thunder V!
The third-generation NASCAR racer will make a public appearance at Cedar Point and even challenge some lucky guests to a showdown at the Grand Prix Go-Carts. From 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Thursday, Aug. 16, guests can stop by the Luminosity stage area to submit a question for Junior to answer. If he picks the guest's question to answer, that lucky fan will get to race him later in the day at the Grand Prix Go-Cart track!
Guests who visit the park during Wheels of Thunder will also have a chance to mingle with local icons from Sandusky's own ThorSport Racing.
The week of action-packed activities includes:
- A public meet-and-greet and autograph session with ThorSport drivers from 4-5:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Aug. 14, along the Top Thrill Dragster midway, where guests can also catch a glimpse of the drivers being launched on the 120-mph coaster
- A public question-and-answer session with Dale Earnhardt Jr. from 5:10-5:30 p.m. on Aug. 16 in Celebration Plaza
- A race between Dale Earnhardt Jr. and lucky fans from 5:40-6 p.m. on Aug. 16 at the Grand Prix Go-Carts
- Flights on the Goodyear Blimp for the five highest bidders in a fundraiser for the Firelands Chapter of the American Red Cross
Also during Wheels of Thunder from Aug. 14-16, guests can refuel with ice cold Pepsi beverages throughout the day by purchasing a special Pepsi Refresh ticket that includes admission to the park and a wristband for free, unlimited Pepsi beverages for only $46.99! The ticket, available only online, saves $5 on adult daily admission and can be purchased by entering the Promo Code diet dew online at www.cedarpoint.com.
Cedar Point will be open daily through Labor Day, Sept. 3, plus Friday nights, Saturdays and Sundays, Sept. 7 through Oct. 28. For a complete operating calendar and more information about the 2012 operating season, guests can log on to www.cedarpoint.com or call the park's general information line at (419) 627-2350.
- Regional media contact: Annie Zelm , marketing programs representative
Phone: 419-609-2067 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- National media contact: Bryan Edwards , marketing programs manager
Phone: 419-627-2220 Email: email@example.com
SOURCE Cedar Point
More by this Source
Cedar Point Hiring Thousands For 2013 Season
Feb 04, 2013, 13:33 ET
Cedar Point Opens May 11 With New Wing Roller Coaster
May 06, 2013, 09:53 ET
Cedar Point Completes Track For New Wing Coaster
Feb 27, 2013, 18:09 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.