TUCSON, Ariz., Dec. 7, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Drone Control Systems LLC announces talks with the Town of Sahuarita, Arizona to define the operational details of a pilot project for the Local Area Drone Dispatch and Authorization System (LADDAS™), including the establishment of a controlled test site in which to operate.
The LADDAS system provides law enforcement and regulatory agencies with the ability to:
- Register Drone Operators with LADDAS
- Associate FAA Drone registration ID with LADDAS registration
- Create permissible drone flight areas and no-fly zones;
- Monitor and record drone flight activities;
- Identify compliant vs. non-compliant drones;
- Alert drone operators to the proximity of other drones;
- Deliver bulletins like Amber Alerts from the Emergency Alert System.
The LADDAS system will reduce the possibility of drones entering into restricted airspaces. This will have the immediate effect of reducing the number of drone incidents, which will in turn reduce the potential for property damage, and injury or death.
Victor Gonzalez, Economic Development Manager for the Town of Sahuarita, said, "The Town of Sahuarita has welcomed the opportunity to work with Drone Control Systems. LADDAS ensures that drone operators will operate within the defined rules and regulations established, and provides the Town with the ability to regulate and authorize safe drone flight operations within our community and public spaces." The Town of Sahuarita is located Southwest of Tucson, and is active in working with local entrepreneurs and promoting business opportunities.
The LADDAS System is comprised of five elements:
- Drone-Mounted transponders that transmit GPS data to LADDAS;
- Drone operator's display mobile application;
- Regulatory enforcement display mobile application;
- Administrator's console system
- Microsoft® Azure™-based cloud communication backbone.
James Lawrence, president of Drone Control Systems, said, "We are happy to be able to provide the LADDAS system to satisfy the needs of cities and regulatory agencies to meet the drone safety and privacy concerns of their constituents. We are always available to city officials nationwide who are seeking solutions to managing drone flight operations in their communities."
Local Area Drone Dispatch and Authorization System, Patent Pending by Drone Control Systems LLC
LADDAS is a trademark of Drone Control Systems LLC. Other trademarks and registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
SOURCE Drone Control Systems LLC