BIRMINGHAM, Ala., Sept. 13, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- DST Health Solutions, LLC, today introduced a new Integrated Care Management Suite of solutions that empowers health plans with flexible and comprehensive solutions to help reduce medical and administrative costs while improving clinical outcomes. Offering a 360-degree view of all members, the DST Health Solutions Integrated Care Management (ICM) Suite provides insight to properly manage populations, effectively utilize benefits and provide education for optimal self-management. The cornerstones of the ICM Suite are DSTHS CareAnalyzer® for member identification and CareConnect for care management. The ICM Suite leverages The Johns Hopkins Adjusted Clinical Groups (ACG) predictive model, which identifies members with the greatest opportunity to improve health outcomes, and identifies gaps in care.
The foundation of integrated care management unites medical management, decision support and analytics, health and wellness and communications applications into a coordinated care delivery model. Historically, many of those applications were separately supported on multiple legacy processing systems.
"Integration of care management programs is key for health plans, which are facing increasing pressure to improve the quality of health for their members as they simultaneously maintain efficient operations," said Steve Sabino, president of DST Health Solutions. "Our suite allows health plans to identify the appropriate level of intervention required for each member, develop care plans specific to the needs of the member, and thus focus their medical spend on the right members with the right care at the right time."
The DST Health Solutions Integrated Care Management Suite is an intuitive, workflow-driven, rules-based solution suite that can be uniquely tailored to the specific needs of any health plan, providing a low total cost of ownership.
The Integrated Care Management Suite can provide health plans with a number of major benefits, such as reducing medical and administrative costs, improving clinical outcomes and enabling care managers to focus on critical clinical tasks.
DST Health Solutions' new Integrated Care Management Suite also has the capability to:
- Create and maintain program-specific health-risk assessments and member-level care plans for members in care management
- Maintain a complete history of all member activity in care management programs, including all outreach and educational materials
- Store historical clinical data such as lab results and prescribed and OTC drugs
- Automate problems, goals and tasks based on responses to assessments configured by the care plan
- Manage daily activities and share tasks and goals with other care team members
- Integrate with commercially available clinical guidelines and educational content
- Provide real-time integration with claims administration systems for accurate, timely eligibility and benefit information
- Support real-time integration with utilization management (authorizations and referrals)
- Remove synchronization problems and the need for multiple system logins for nurses to gather required information
These tools capitalize on DST Health Solutions' many strengths, including its core integration platforms, to provide a health plan's care team with a 360-degree view of members, highlighting retrospective and prospective data to guide optimal utilization of benefits and improve health outcomes.
For more information about DST Health Solutions' Integrated Care Management Suite, please visit www.dsthealthsolutions.com or call 800-272-4799 for a demonstration.
About DST Health Solutions
DST Health Solutions, LLC delivers systems and services that help improve efficiency, reduce operational costs, increase speed to market, and facilitate medical cost management and price containment. Our clients include commercial health plans, consumer-directed plans, government plans (Medicare Advantage, Medicare Part D and Medicaid) and physician practices. DST Health Solutions' enterprise applications and outsourcing services include claims processing, member and provider management, benefit plan management, new product development, care management and medical management, and decision support/analytics. DST Health Solutions is a wholly-owned subsidiary of DST Systems, Inc. For more information about DST Health Solutions, contact 800-272-4799, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit www.dsthealthsolutions.com.
SOURCE DST Health Solutions, LLC