COLUMBUS, Ohio, June 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- DSW Inc. (NYSE: DSW), the leading branded footwear and accessories retailer, is giving back to the community through its new Shoe Lovers Care Leave Your Mark platform. After reviewing almost 200 non-profit organizations which were nominated by DSW employees nationwide, the popular retailer has selected 8 finalists: Autism Speaks, Bright Pink, Children's Hunger Alliance, CureSearch for Children's Cancer, Look Good Feel Better/PCPCF, Mid-Ohio Food Bank, Shoes That Fit and Semper Fi Fund. The organization ultimately with the most votes will be awarded a $75,000 grant through the Shoe Lovers Care Leave Your Mark program.
From April 15 to April 29, 2013, DSW employees nominated non-profit organizations they are personally passionate about supporting. Now it is up to shoe lovers everywhere to vote for the one they feel is most deserving of the grant money. Voters can visit DSW's Facebook page www.facebook.com/DSW from June 6-19, to learn about these charities. Results of the Leave Your Mark Program will be announced in Mid-July. The finalists include:
- Autism Speaks, raises funds and public awareness for global biomedical research into causes, treatments, prevention and possible cure for autism, and is dedicated to supporting individuals, families and society affected by the hardships of this disorder, nominated by Kenneth Alumbaugh from Leander, TX.
- Bright Pink supports women to take action in detecting ovarian and breast cancers at early non life-threatening stages, nominated by Kim Dahlinger from Westerville, OH
- Children's Hunger Alliance directly feeds children nutritious meals in CHA-sponsored child care homes and afterschool programs, increases children's access to nutritious food in schools and summer feeding locations, and educates children to make healthy food choices and engage in physical activity to reduce the incidence of obesity and promote lifelong health, nominated by Brooke Butler of Columbus, OH.
- CureSearch for Children's Cancer funds and supports targeted and innovative children's cancer research and provides the authoritative source of information and resources for all those affected by children's cancer, nominated by Victoria Fischetto in Omaha, NE
- Look Good Feel Better/PCPCF is dedicated to improving self-esteem and quality of life of people undergoing treatment for cancer through complimentary group, individual and self-help beauty sessions, nominated by Robin Baker in Westerville, OH
- Mid-Ohio Food Bank works with grocers, food companies, Ohio farmers, the USDA and community partners to obtain food and distribute it to more than 550 food panties, soup kitchens, shelters, after-school programs, and senior housing sites across central and eastern Ohio, nominated by Kristen Lepionka from Columbus, OH
- Shoes That Fit helps children in need receive new shoes and clothing for school, nominated by Joanne Hinchliffe in Lakewood, CO
- Semper Fi Fund provides financial assistance to wounded Marines and their families while they recover, nominated by John Glassmire from Sunbury, OH
About DSW Inc.
DSW is the destination for savvy Shoe Lovers everywhere. Customers experience a breathtaking assortment of designer shoes and boots at everyday value prices in a convenient assisted self-select shopping environment. Aisles are filled with the latest trends in men's and women's shoes - including flats, pumps, boots, booties, sandals, wedges and athletic shoes! DSW also features a variety of styles for special occasions—perfect for a wedding or party. For an even larger selection, dsw.com offers more styles, extended sizes, kids' shoes and Luxe810 which offers top luxury brands up to 50% off.
DSW offers a free, award-winning loyalty program, DSW Rewards, where customers earn certificates toward future DSW purchases and receive special member-only offers. Customers can also participate in a lively Shoe Lover community on Facebook to receive exclusive offers and giveaways, including chances to win free shoes on Facebook each Tuesday during "Free Shoesday."
As of June 11, 2013, DSW operates 377 stores in 42 states, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico, and operates an e-commerce site,http://www.dsw.com, and a mobile website, http://m.dsw.com. DSW also supplies footwear to 347 leased locations in the United States under the Affiliated Business Group. For store locations and additional information about DSW, visit http://www.dswinc.com. Follow DSW on Twitter at http://twitter.com/DSWShoeLovers and like DSW on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/DSW.
SOURCE DSW Inc.