DTE "E" Challenge Competition Deadline-June 29
SOUTHFIELD, Mich., June 7, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Only three weeks left for Michigan companies to enter the DTE Energy's "E" Challenge for Innovation in Energy Efficiency. The deadline for submissions is June 29, 2012.
The program, which was launched at The Engineering Society of Detroit (ESD)/DTE Energy Conference on May 2, recognizes and supports scientific excellence and technology innovation in search of energy efficient improvements for commercial and light industrial DTE customers.
DTE Energy is looking for innovators with an outstanding energy efficiency product that will have a major impact on energy savings and will be able to prove its success through this program and continue to promote energy savings now and into the future.
Initial entries will be pre-qualified for a second phase of judging. Once the second round of judging is complete, up to $250,000.00 will be awarded to successful applicant(s) to create the demonstration for their innovation. Submissions will be audited throughout the demonstration process.
DTE Energy reserves the right to award more than one entrant or to award no entrant. Upon completion of the demonstration period (November 2012–April 2013), the winning project will be determined, and the winner will be announced at the May 2013 DTE/ESD Energy Conference.
- The product must show energy savings and save electrical or natural gas energy.
- The submission must include, in their documentation, proof of concept with supporting data.
- Prospective measures that have been, or are currently, "rebate qualified" for DTE may not be considered for this challenge. Light bulb technologies cannot be considered for this challenge.
- The product can apply to light industrial or commercial use.
- The company can be located anywhere but the demonstration site must be in DTE service territory and DTE must consent to the final site selection.
- The innovation should be a new technology or an existing technology applied in a different way.
- The innovation cannot be a battery pack. Strategies that would not be considered include but are not limited to renewables, energy storage technology, load diversity shifts, distributed generation, or fuel switching.
For more details on submission information or to download the competition brochure, visit www.esd.org.
Founded in 1895, ESD is a multi-disciplinary society uniting engineering, scientific and allied professions to enhance professional development and foster excitement in math and science to produce our next generation of leaders. Serving this generation of engineers and fostering the next. For more information, visit www.esd.org.
DTE Energy (NYSE: DTE) is a Detroit-based diversified energy company involved in the development and management of energy-related businesses and services nationwide. Its operating units include Detroit Edison, an electric utility serving 2.1 million customers in Southeastern Michigan, MichCon, a natural gas utility serving 1.2 million customers in Michigan and other non-utility, energy businesses focused on gas storage and pipelines, unconventional gas production, power and industrial projects, and energy trading. Information about DTE Energy is available at dteenergy.com and at twitter.com/dte_energy.
248-353-0735, ext. 112
SOURCE Engineering Society of Detroit
More by this Source
Free Informational Webinar Offered for DTE Energy E-Challenge Competition
Aug 22, 2013, 10:18 ET
DTE E-Challenge: Submissions Wanted in Advanced Lighting Technology
Jul 30, 2013, 12:05 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.