Duane Reade Unveils Its First Mobile Application New York City's Largest Drugstore Chain Expands Digital Footprint through Innovative Mobile Initiatives and Social Media Engagement
NEW YORK, April 10, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Duane Reade has announced the launch of its first mobile application for iOS devices. The free app, available in the iTunes store (http://www.appannie.com/app/ios/duane-reade/), will facilitate and further enhance customer access to Duane Reade's pharmacy services, photo printers, prescription refills, Balance Rewards offers, account information and in-store maps. The app is part of Duane Reade's continued commitment to bolster customer experience and live by its New York Living Made Easy principles.
As a part of the drugstore chain's effort to drive omni-channel engagement and loyalty, Duane Reade has significantly expanded its digital and social media initiatives to include comprehensive retail social amplification programs, which have played an integral role in procuring strategic consumer-generated media. These programs are a key factor in Duane Reade's extensive Twitter community growth from 15,000 to 390,000+ followers in 7 months; allowing more customers than ever to engage with their local Duane Reade stores from mobile devices and has elevated Duane Reade to the most followed drugstore in the world on Twitter.
"The auspicious introduction of our Google Niantic Labs Ingress mobile gaming collaboration and now an unveiling of the Duane Reade branded retail mobile application, reinforces our commitment to be relevant on digital mediums where our customers are dedicating most of their time today," said Calvin Peters, Online/PR Manager for Duane Reade. "Our mobile application framework is entirely based on the award-winning Walgreens mobile app and will prove essential to providing our on-the-go customers with efficient pharmacy, photo and loyalty reward tools right at the palm of their hand."
The app features several innovative tools that include:
- Users who have upgraded to iOS6 can connect their Balance® Rewards account to Passbook
- Create a Balance® Rewards account, log in and add your rewards card to Passbook
- Select your preferred Duane Reade or Walgreens location and when you're near that store, Passbook will auto display your Balance® Rewards card
- Refill by Scan* - Simply scan the barcode on your prescription bottle for instant refills
- Refill Reminders - Sign up to get Rx Text Alerts to know when it's time to refill your prescriptions
- QuickPrints - Choose pictures from your iPhone albums to print and pick up at your local Duane Reade or Walgreens - No log-in or account required
- Print from Facebook - Select photos from your Facebook albums to print and pick up at your local Duane Reade or Walgreens
- PrintWorthy™ - Create and print a PrintWorthy™ card using a photo from your Facebook albums with likes and comments
- Photo Editing - Edit your photos using filters and a variety of editing tools
- In Store Maps - View floor maps to quickly find your items at Duane Reade or Walgreens stores
- Store Locator - Find the Duane Reade or Walgreens closest to you and filter search results based on store type
About Duane Reade
Founded in 1960, Duane Reade is the largest drug store chain in New York City. In keeping with the company's brand vision of New York Living Made Easy, Duane Reade provides New Yorkers with prescriptions, health products and services, beauty products and services, food and convenience items for daily life in the City...everything for "How I Feel", "How I Look", and "What I Need Now". The company operates 250+ stores throughout the metropolitan New York region. Duane Reade is part of the Walgreens family of companies, the nation's largest drugstore chain with more than 8,000 stores in all 50 states, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico.
SOURCE Duane Reade