Specially designed MultiVitamin / MultiMineral supplement tablets formulated to help optimize iron, calcium and folic acid absorption for prenatal use
ROSEMONT, PA, March 8, 2016 /PRNewswire/ - Duchesnay USA, a pharmaceutical company devoted to safeguarding the health and wellbeing of expectant women and their unborn babies, announced the launch of the Mteryti® family of MultiVitamin / MultiMineral tablets. Each product has a unique AM / PM dosing schedule. The introduction of Mteryti® and Mteryti® folic 5 coincides with International Women's Day, a special time dedicated to celebrate women for their continued contribution to social, economic, cultural and political achievements as well as encourage respect, appreciation and love towards women.
A woman's need for various nutrients during the course of her pregnancy will increase and may not be met through diet alone. Because these needs evolve before and throughout pregnancy, it is important to consider prenatal multivitamins that contain folic acid rather than just a folic acid supplement. Any woman planning on becoming pregnant should consider speaking with her healthcare professional to evaluate which prenatal multivitamin is best suited for her pregnancy. It is recommended to take a prenatal multivitamin two to three months before getting pregnant to have necessary reserves for the baby's needs and development.
The Mteryti® family of supplements offers women a unique formulation to help optimize her ability to absorb key nutrients including iron, calcium and folic acid.* There are two Mteryti® formulations, each designed to respond to a woman's need for folic acid:
- Mteryti® (1.1 mg of folic acid) is specially formulated for use in women two to three months prior to conception, throughout pregnancy and after delivery.
- Mteryti® folic 5 (5 mg of folic acid) is specially formulated for use in women at higher risk for a neural tube defect (NTD)-affected pregnancy, and should be used two to three months prior to pregnancy, until 10 to 12 weeks of gestation. The factors that are known to increase the risk of a NTD include a previously NTD-affected pregnancy, family history of NTD, diabetes and malabsorption disorders or taking medications used for seizure control that are known to decrease folate levels.
"With Mteryti®, many women can get the vitamins and minerals they need before, during and after their pregnancy that they may be unable to get from diet alone. Women who consume a healthy diet with adequate folate may reduce their risk of having a child with neural tube defects or birth defects of the brain or spinal cord," said Mark de Fazio, M.D., FACOG, de Fazio Obstetrics & Gynecology, Brooklyn, New York.
The unique formulation of both Mteryti® / Mteryti® folic 5 provides:
- An effective two-step MultiVitamin / MultiMineral supplement regimen for women with different needs of folic acid
- Morning and evening tablets to help optimize iron, calcium and folic acid absorption
- Smaller size tablets that are easier to swallow
- Iron and calcium are separated, which may result in fewer side effects frequently seen with similar supplements, including less constipation, nausea and vomiting
- Individualized sealed blister pack to eliminate unpleasant odors and help keep track of daily tablet consumption
- Lactose, gluten and tartrazine free — and has received the Kosher, Kosher for Passover, and Halal certifications
Dean Hopkins, Duchesnay USA's General Manager, stated: "We are looking forward to bringing more woman-focused products to the US market. The addition of the Mteryti® family of supplements further expands our commitment to the health of pregnant women and their unborn children."
Mteryti® and Mteryti® folic 5 are recommended for use under the supervision of a physician or a healthcare professional. To learn more and to order Mteryti® and Mteryti® folic 5, please visit www.mteryti.com or call 1-855-Mteryti (1-855-683-7984).
Please see below for important risk information.
About Duchesnay USA
Duchesnay USA is a unique healthcare company devoted to safeguarding the health and well-being of expectant mothers and their unborn babies. Its affiliate company, Duchesnay Inc., was founded in 1970 in Canada. The family-owned company realigned its business in 1992 to focus specifically on pregnant women after a family member experienced a very difficult pregnancy. Duchesnay USA was established in Rosemont, Pennsylvania in 2011 to pursue that same mission. Realizing a lack of sufficient information on medications for use in pregnancy, Duchesnay strives today to ensure that expectant women have access to proper medical advice and therapies that are safe for them and their unborn babies. For more information on Duchesnay USA, please visit www.DuchesnayUSA.com.
Important Risk Information
WARNING: Accidental overdose of iron-containing products is a leading cause of fatal poisoning in children under 6. Keep this product out of reach of children. In case of accidental overdose, call a doctor or poison control center immediately.
Women who consume healthful diets with adequate folate may reduce their risk of having a child with birth defects of the brain or spinal cord. Public Health authorities recommend that women consume 0.4 mg folic acid daily from fortified foods or dietary supplements, or both, to reduce the risk of neural tube defects. The safe upper limit of daily intake value for folic acid is 1,000 mcg (1 mg). This product exceeds the DV (1,000 mcg) of folic acid. Folate intake should not exceed 250% of the DV (1,000 mcg). However, Mteryti® and Mteryti® folic 5 tablets may be appropriate for some women under a healthcare professional's supervision.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
SOURCE Duchesnay inc.