CHARLOTTE, N.C., Nov. 14, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Businesses, a city government, a public library, a college and three school systems are among the 18 organizations honored by Duke Energy (NYSE: DUK) as 2013 Power Partners.
The winners were recognized for their commitment to responsible energy use and creating lasting value for their organizations and the communities they serve.
Innovation has always been at the center of the Power Partner awards, and the 2013 honorees are no exception.
Some of the winners have undertaken projects that are national models for energy efficiency. Others have introduced competitive challenges to raise energy efficiency awareness, reduce operational expenses and reward behavioral changes.
"Duke Energy congratulates the 2013 Power Partner award winners," said Joni Davis, vice president, large account management at Duke Energy. "This diverse group demonstrates that smart energy usage is achievable by organizations of all sizes, across many industries. We applaud their example."
The 2013 Duke Energy Power Partner award winners are:
- Bartholomew Consolidated School Corporation (Columbus, Ind.)
- Bissell (Charlotte, N.C.)
- Capitol Broadcasting Company/American Tobacco Campus (Raleigh/Durham, N.C.)
- Chester County School District (Chester County, S.C.)
- City of Greensboro (Greensboro, N.C.)
- Continental Tire the Americas, LLC (Sumter, S.C.)
- Covidien (Greenwood, S.C.)
- Fifth Third Bank (Cincinnati, Ohio)
- Indiana University Bloomington (Bloomington, Ind.)
- Johnson Controls Battery Recycling Facility (Florence, S.C.)
- Michelin North America, Inc. (Greenville, S.C.)
- Orange County Public Schools (Orange County, Fla.)
- PotashCorp (White Springs, Fla.)
- Public Library of Cincinnati and Hamilton County (Cincinnati, Ohio)
- River Ridge Commerce Center (Jeffersonville, Ind.)
- Simon Property Group (National)
- Unifi, Inc. (Greensboro, N.C.)
- Wal-Mart Stores (National)
Duke Energy established the Power Partner awards in 1992 to recognize large businesses that achieve exemplary results in energy efficiency, sustainability and business growth. The 2013 Power Partner winners will be recognized at individual award ceremonies this winter.
Headquartered in Charlotte, N.C., Duke Energy is a Fortune 250 company traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol DUK. More information about the company is available at: www.duke-energy.com.
Contact: Kristina Hill Office: 980.373.2596 | 24-Hour: 800.559.3853
SOURCE Duke Energy