Dunkin' App Now Serves Up Mobile Offers
Updated Dunkin' Donuts mobile app now features special discounts and promotions on favorite Dunkin' food and beverages
With Dunkin' App, guests can use their iPhone® or Android™ smartphone to purchase Dunkin' Donuts items faster and more conveniently than ever before
CANTON, Mass., Nov. 8, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Dunkin' Donuts, America's all-day, everyday stop for coffee and baked goods, today updated the Dunkin' App, the brand's mobile application for payment and gifting, now enabling users to receive mobile offers, which are for special discounts and promotional offers on Dunkin' Donuts food and beverages. Beginning today, people who download, or update, the Dunkin' App to their iPhone or Android smartphone can enjoy mobile offers via a new "My Offers" tab, where they can receive exclusive, geo-targeted regional offers for Dunkin's famous coffee and other favorite menu items, such as breakfast sandwiches, redeemable at certain participating local Dunkin' Donuts restaurants. Some markets will make Dunkin' Donuts mobile offers available beginning this week; others will launch later this year or in early 2013.
Redeeming a Dunkin' Donuts mobile offer is as easy as selecting an offer in the "My Offers" section of the Dunkin' App, tapping to redeem it and then showing the offer's QR code to a Dunkin' Donuts crew member to be scanned. Examples of Dunkin' Donuts mobile offers planned for select markets over the coming weeks include special deals such as a 99-cent medium hot chocolate, a buy-one-get-one small coffee offer and a free Turbo Shot with the purchase of a hot coffee.
According to John Costello, Dunkin' Brands Chief Global Marketing and Innovation Officer, Dunkin' Donuts' mobile offers both reward loyal fans and maintain a level of engagement that distinguishes the brand throughout the country. "Our busy guests are always on the go, and we know they are increasingly reliant on their mobile devices. Delivering special discounts and promotional offers directly to their mobile devices highlights our unique value proposition and deepens the connection we have with people who make Dunkin' Donuts part of their daily lives," he said. "We are excited to enhance our Dunkin' App with mobile offers, and to continue to make it even easier for on-the-go people to run on Dunkin'."
With the Dunkin' App, running on Dunkin' is quicker and more convenient than ever before. Guests can easily use their Dunkin' App to pay for food, beverages and merchandise at participating U.S. Dunkin' Donuts restaurants by scanning their Dunkin' Donuts Cards stored in the App either in-store or at the drive-thru. The Dunkin' App also allows guests the option of sending Dunkin' Donuts Cards to friends, family and colleagues with the mGift feature. Dunkin' Donuts Cards can be mGifted three ways – text, email and Facebook Connect.
Available for free from the App Store on iPhone at www.itunes.com/appstore and from the Google Play Store at https://play.google.com/store, the Dunkin' App connects guests to the brand with an exciting array of tools and information to make any Dunkin' run easier and faster. Highlights include:
- Purchase, register and reload a Dunkin' Donuts Card: Guests can purchase a new Dunkin' Donuts Card (selecting from multiple designs for many occasions), add money to an existing card, set a card to auto-recharge and view all previous card transactions. The Dunkin' App supports payment using American Express, Visa, MasterCard and Discover.
- Pay right from the app using a Dunkin' Donuts Card: Guests can purchase Dunkin' Donuts products with the Dunkin' App by simply tapping the mobile Dunkin' Donuts Card and presenting the screen to the crew member to be scanned. Balances are updated immediately after purchase.
- Send an mGift: Dunkin' Donuts Cards can be sent to friends, family or colleagues via email, text or Facebook. Dunkin' Donuts Cards can be sent in denominations between $2 and $100.
- Mobile Offers: On the "My Offers" tab, guests can receive exclusive, geo-targeted regional offers for Dunkin's famous coffee and other favorite menu items, such as breakfast sandwiches, redeemable at certain participating local Dunkin' Donuts restaurants.
- Locate the nearest Dunkin' Donuts: A detailed restaurant locator makes it easy to find directions to and information about local Dunkin' Donuts restaurants, including store hours, in-store Wi-Fi, drive-thru availability and more.
About Dunkin' Donuts
Founded in 1950, Dunkin' Donuts is America's favorite all-day, everyday stop for coffee and baked goods. Dunkin' Donuts is a market leader in the regular/decaf coffee, iced coffee, hot flavored coffee, donut, bagel and muffin categories. Dunkin' Donuts has earned the No. 1 ranking for customer loyalty in the coffee category by Brand Keys for six years running. The company has more than 10,000 restaurants in 32 countries worldwide. For the full-year 2011, Dunkin' Donuts' restaurants had global franchisee-reported sales of approximately $6.4 billion. Based in Canton, Mass., Dunkin' Donuts is part of the Dunkin' Brands Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: DNKN) family of companies. For more information, visit www.DunkinDonuts.com.
SOURCE Dunkin' Donuts