Dunkin' Donuts' HoliDDay Fashions Contest Unfolds on Twitter and Instagram
Dunkin' Donuts fashions an opportunity for people to show festive holiday garb for the chance to win a $100 mGift
New Dunkin' Donuts survey takes a closer look at how people keep running through the holiday home stretch
CANTON, Mass., Dec. 18, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Are the holidays best with a vest, sweeter with a sweater, and all that with a festive hat? As the holiday season winds down, Dunkin' Donuts, America's favorite all-day, everyday stop for coffee and baked goods, today launched its HoliDDay Fashions Twitter & Instagram contest, inviting people to send photos of themselves in their favorite holiday garb for the chance to win a $100 Dunkin' Donuts mGift. Beginning today and continuing through Friday, December 21, fans can submit their photos to @DunkinDonuts on Twitter or Instagram, using the special hashtag #HoliDDayContest. Dunkin' Donuts will select a total of five winners to receive a $100 mGift. For additional terms and conditions related to Dunkin' Donuts' HoliDDay Fashions Twitter & Instagram contest, please visit: http://www.dunkindonuts.com/content/dunkindonuts/en/promotions/HOLIDDAY_FASHIONS_CONTEST.html.
With the home stretch of the holiday season upon us, Dunkin' Donuts also commissioned an independent survey of more than 1,000 Americans, conducted by GfK, to take a closer look at how people keep themselves running through their shopping, parties and meals during the days ahead. Highlights include:
- Shoppers will be running right up to Christmas, and beyond. More than half of people (58%) do not anticipate having their shopping done until at least the week before Christmas. More than a quarter of people (26%) expect to be shopping for the holidays right up to Christmas Eve or even after Christmas is over.
- Go-to Gift Cards: Gift cards, purchased either online or via mobile, are the number one choice for people when they realize they need a last minute gift. The majority of people (51%) also claim that gift cards or gift certificates are the top choice when they are looking for something affordable to give for the holidays, followed by homemade baked goods or food and beverages bought from a store.
- Closet or Bed Coat Vote 2012: Where's the best place to put coats during a holiday party - the closet or the bed? Put the argument to rest, as 48% people say the bed, compared to only 38% who choose the closet.
- Just say no go to mistletoe? Sixty-one percent (61%) of people who find themselves under the mistletoe with another holiday party guest would not actually kiss him or her.
- Mail carriers can expect a special delivery this year. Who deserves a holiday gift this year? The survey asked people to share with whom, of all the people who help keep their life running during the year, they would give a holiday gift. Mail carriers were number one, followed by teachers and hair stylists.
Dunkin' Donuts has a host of delicious beverages to keep people running through the season both at home and on the go. Dunkin' Donuts' holiday lineup features three flavored hot or iced coffee and lattes, including new White Chocolate, as well as classic Peppermint Mocha and Gingerbread. Dunkin' Donuts' new Peppermint Mocha K-Cup® packs make this holiday flavored coffee available at home for use with Keurig K-Cup® single cup brewing systems. Also perfect for holiday parties or gatherings is Dunkin' Donuts' Peppermint Mocha packaged coffee, which is available for a limited time only in an 8-oz size at participating restaurants. Mint Hot Chocolate, available year-round at participating Dunkin' Donuts restaurants, puts a spin on the classic Hot Chocolate, combining the warmth of rich hot chocolate with a cool, invigorating flavor.
For a great gift that doesn't need wrapping, virtual Dunkin' Donuts Cards can now be sent via email, text or Facebook through the mGift feature on the Dunkin' Donuts mobile app, available for both iPhone and Android smartphones. With the mGift feature, users can send a variety of holiday-themed virtual Dunkin' Donuts cards, which can be redeemed directly from a mobile phone at more than 6,000 participating U.S. Dunkin' Donuts locations. All Dunkin' Donuts mGifts can also be added directly to the Dunkin' App, reloaded right from the phone, and used as a fast, convenient way to pay. Traditional Dunkin' Donuts Cards are also available at any participating Dunkin' Donuts location in amounts from $2 to $100, as well as online at DunkinDonuts.com, and at many grocery, pharmacy, and big box retailers. Dunkin' Donuts Cards always have no fees and no expiration date.
Finally, last-minute shoppers can keep themselves running on Dunkin' right through Christmas Eve, as many Dunkin' Donuts restaurants will be open until 6:00 p.m. or later on December 24. The majority of Dunkin' Donuts restaurants now also offer free WiFi for all guests, for anyone seeking a place to check email or browse the Internet while enjoying delicious Dunkin' Donuts food and beverages.
About Dunkin' Donuts
Founded in 1950, Dunkin' Donuts is America's favorite all-day, everyday stop for coffee and baked goods. Dunkin' Donuts is a market leader in the regular/decaf coffee, iced coffee, hot flavored coffee, donut, bagel and muffin categories. Dunkin' Donuts has earned the No. 1 ranking for customer loyalty in the coffee category by Brand Keys for six years running. The company has more than 10,000 restaurants in 32 countries worldwide. For the full-year 2011, Dunkin' Donuts' restaurants had global franchisee-reported sales of approximately $6.4 billion. Based in Canton, Mass., Dunkin' Donuts is part of the Dunkin' Brands Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: DNKN) family of companies. For more information, visit www.DunkinDonuts.com.
The survey results contained in this report are from GfK Roper's weekly telephone omnibus service, OmniTel. Interviewing was conducted from November 9-11, 2012. A total of 1004 interviews with adults aged 18+ were completed. The margin of error for this study is +/- 3 percentage points.
SOURCE Dunkin' Donuts