DynaVox Introduces the DynaVox Maestro™ Speech-Output Device
PITTSBURGH, Oct. 7 /PRNewswire/ -- DynaVox, the leading provider of speech generating devices and symbol-adapted special education software used to assist individuals in overcoming speech, language and learning challenges, today announced the introduction of the DynaVox Maestro device. Combining stylish design with powerful communication tools and cutting-edge technology, the DynaVox Maestro eliminates the need for consumers with unique communication needs to compromise when selecting a communication solution. The Maestro empowers individuals by providing successful and efficient day-to-day communication in person, by phone and electronically, and gives speech-language professionals the tools they need to help their clients develop critical communication skills.
- InterAACt™ Language Framework – Designed to support communication, language and literacy development, InterAACt is a complete, research-based language system that ensures that every augmented communicator has immediate access to commonly used every day vocabulary and makes it easy locate vocabulary quickly and efficiently for unique situations requiring special communication.
- Voice Clarity – Developed specifically as a communication device, the Maestro device features two front-mounted, full-range speakers to ensure that messages are heard crisply and clearly in virtually any situation – even situations with high ambient noise levels.
- Large screen – The vibrant screen is 53% larger than most devices of similar function (8.4 inch screens).
- Portability - The Maestro weighs just 2.75 pounds with a three-hour battery and less than 3.5 pounds with an eight-hour battery.
- Durability – A molded magnesium case, solid-state drive and water-resistant front case ensure that the Maestro can stand up to the demands of daily use.
"The Maestro device represents a new generation of AAC devices," said DynaVox President and COO Michelle Heying. "For the first time, consumers who want a stylish communication device don't have to compromise - combining robust communication tools, cutting-edge technology, and stylish yet rugged design, the Maestro delivers."
Visit www.dynavoxtech.com to learn more about the DynaVox Maestro.
Maestro™ and InterAACt™ are registered trademarks of DynaVox Systems LLC.
About DynaVox Inc.
DynaVox Inc. (Nasdaq: DVOX) is a publicly traded holding company with its headquarters in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, whose primary operating entities are DynaVox Systems LLC and Mayer-Johnson LLC. DynaVox is the leading provider of speech generating devices and symbol-adapted special education software used to assist individuals in overcoming their speech, language and learning challenges. These solutions are designed to help individuals who have complex communication and learning needs participate in the home, classroom and community. Our mission is to enable our customers to realize their full communication and education potential by developing industry-leading devices, software and content and by providing the services to support them. We assist individuals, families, and professionals with an extensive field support organization, as well as centralized technical and reimbursement support. For more information, visit www.dynavoxtech.com.
SOURCE DynaVox Inc.