BELOIT, Wis., Dec. 18, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- FatWallet.com, where millions of online deal hunters go to stack deals and coupons with cash back, presents their annual Shipping Deadlines Guide with spending threshold details and final online purchase dates to help assure delivery of packages and gift cards before Christmas Day. Over $127 billion is spent on gift cards annually, one third spent for holiday gifts with up to 10% expected to be digital gift card purchases (GiftCards.com). A new FatWallet.com study* reports that 39% of kids and 45% of adults prefer to receive gift cards during the holidays.
"Buying gift cards can save money and time, and help last minute shoppers avoid the stress of finding a gift family and friends really want," states Brent Shelton, FatWallet Online Shopping Expert. "Gift cards are readily available at discount this time of year, many include cash back from FatWallet and buying e-gift cards can save money by avoiding shipping charges."
10 Best e-Gift Card Deals:
- eBay: up to 20% off gift cards from major retailers and restaurants
- Spa & Wellness: 17% off gift cards plus 5% cash back from FatWallet
- Staples: 20% off GAP gift cards
- AMEX: 5% off gift cards plus free rush shipping
- Amazon: $30 gift card w/$75 home service booking and 10% cash back from FatWallet
- Fandango: FREE movie ticket w/$75 gift card order
- Kmart: 10% off gift cards plus 6% cash back from FatWallet
- Starbucks: $5 eGift Card w/$10 Purchases
- eBay: $100 iTunes gift card for $80
- Alternative Apparel: $10 off gift cards plus free shipping and 4% cash back from FatWallet
*2015 Holiday Gift Buying Study from FatWallet.com
About FatWallet: As the preferred online coupons and cash back shopping resource for millions of smart consumers, FatWallet.com works closely with 1,700+ retailers like Walmart, Kohl's, Newegg and Microsoft Store to publish store discounts, coupon codes and Cash Back rewards to its members. The much celebrated FatWallet forums represent the pulse of an evolving online marketplace where smart consumers gather to share and learn. FatWallet has paid more than $58 million in cash back to its members since 2004. The new FatWallet Cash Back App and FatWallet Express button assure shoppers they'll get cash back on every purchase.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/e-gift-cards-growing-as-last-minute-purchase-for-holiday-shoppers-300195006.html