EarthRisk Technologies Releases TempRisk 4.4 - Enables Users to Make More Informed Weather-Based Decisions Upgrade Adds All Meteorological Seasons to All U.S. Regions Eliminating Analysis and Reporting Gaps -- TempRisk platform is ready for 2013 summer analysis!
SAN DIEGO, March 13, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- EarthRisk Technologies, a pioneer in the research, analysis and visualization of extreme temperature and weather pattern risks, released today TempRisk 4.4, a significant update of the company's core product that uses sophisticated algorithms to forecast hot and cold weather events up to 40 days in advance. The new version includes multiple updates to the platform's interface, plus the addition of all-season data spanning over 60 years to the operational and ensemble models resulting in a much deeper information pool and increased usability.
Version 4.4 updates include:
- All metrological seasons added to the operational and ensemble models for every region
- Design upgrades for the Scorecard, Ensemble Scorecard, and Matrix pages
- Scorecard pages featuring an "Evolution" tab so users can lock-in target and initialization dates to see forecast progressions over certain time frames. Users simply use the "+" and "-" keys to go back and forth in time
- Increased flexibility choosing Lead Windows, with the option of selecting All lead windows or viewing a drop down ranging from 1-5 Day to 31-40 Day windows
- Changes to the overall UI with an emphasis on providing important data to users that is actionable
"We are continually improving TempRisk so we can provide our clients with forward-looking data so they can make the best weather-driven decisions," says EarthRisk CEO John Plavan. "Version 4.4 is a significant upgrade that includes several user-friendly changes to the UI. Plus now that the product is current with all meteorological seasons in every region, there are no 'gaps' in the data."
TempRisk provides the information necessary to extend forecast confidence beyond one week, the point where weather simulations face deteriorating skill. The platform's patent-pending algorithms run four million calculations a day, incorporating 200 weather patterns, 10,000 days and multiple global regions. The result: quantified weather risk.
TempRisk version 4.4 is based on the software-as-a-service (SaaS) subscription model and is available now through www.earthrisktech.com.
About EarthRisk Technologies:
EarthRisk Technologies is a San Diego-based software company founded in 2010. The company's product suite, TempRisk, is a web-based platform that crunches more than 60 years of weather data to formulate the odds of cold snaps and heat waves up to 40 days in advance, a lead-time that is twice as long as any in the industry. Trading groups, power producers and energy traders around the globe use TempRisk for a climatological edge in their investments. For more information, visit www.earthrisktech.com
SOURCE EarthRisk Technologies