EarthRisk Technologies Unveils New Version of TempRisk for Early Detection of Extreme Weather Events
A Redesign of Core Components and a New Research Portal Makes TempRisk Version 3.1 a Critical Tool for Industries that assess Extreme Weather Patterns for Business Decision Making
SAN DIEGO, June 28, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- EarthRisk Technologies, a pioneer in the research, analysis and visualization of extreme temperature and weather pattern risks, released the next generation of TempRisk, the company's flagship platform used for detecting both hot and cold weather patterns up to 40 days before they occur. TempRisk version 3.1 is more intuitive, making it easier to use, and features a number of new capabilities and functions.
TempRisk's core components – the Dashboard, Scorecard and Matrix, are all redesigned and upgraded. The Dashboard now displays thumbnails of the HeatRisk and ColdRisk Scorecards. New analysis maps include additional weather variables including three-hour global satellite images, 150mb daily mean vector wind anomalies and 250mb daily mean vector wind anomalies. An innovative Research Portal has been integrated into the site, providing new reports, catalogs, Global Synoptic Dynamic Model (GSDM) diagnostic information and links to external research. With this release, the company has also provided access to a Beta version of its next release introducing another advancement in its statistical analysis package and interface.
TempRisk, is a web-based platform that crunches 60 years of weather data to formulate the odds of cold snaps and heat waves 40 days in advance, a lead-time that is nearly twice as long as any in the industry. The platform's patent-pending algorithms run four million calculations a day, incorporating 200 weather patterns, 10,000 days and multiple global regions. The result: quantified weather risk.
"EarthRisk is focused on providing a comprehensive system that's intuitive and visual while sophisticated enough to analyze and interpret volumes of quantitative data to create powerful models of weather patterns and extreme temperatures," says EarthRisk CEO John Plavan . "TempRisk 3.1 builds on our current product but offers more precision, so much so that analysts who aren't formally trained meteorologists and who work in diverse industries such as commodities and agriculture are finding the use and benefit from TempRisk to be incredibly valuable at the point of decision."
Key features of TempRisk 3.1 include:
- Dashboard displays with drill-downs of Scorecards indicating extreme hot and cold weather in the upcoming 15-40 day window;
- Inclusion of a new Pacific Southwest region;
- Optional daily email alerts containing snapshots of the Dashboard and HeatRisk/ColdRisk scorecards that can route the user directly to the on-site version of the Dashboard;
- A link to the Beta Site for TempRisk v4.0 that includes a new statistical package for the TempRisk Matrix supporting the East US region (with additional regions to follow);
- An updated science module that features 90-day sub-seasonal windows that roll each month;
- Fully integrated Global Forecast System (GFS) initializations that append the Reanalysis Data when it is not available;
- Updated Scorecard charts showing target dates and lead days;
- A new Research Portal that contains EarthRisk reports, catalogs of various synoptically significant patterns, diagnostic information linked to the GSDM and links to external research.
TempRisk version 3.1 is based on the software-as-a-service (SaaS) subscription model and available now.
About EarthRisk Technologies:
EarthRisk Technologies is a San Diego-based software company founded in 2010. The company's product suite, TempRisk, is a web-based platform that crunches 60 years of weather data to formulate the odds of cold snaps and heat waves 40 days in advance, a lead-time that is twice as long as any in the industry. Trading groups, power producers and energy traders on four continents use TempRisk for a climatological edge in their investments. For more information, visit www.earthrisktech.com
SOURCE EarthRisk Technologies
More by this Source
EarthRisk Technologies Announces New Headquarters to Accommodate Growth
Jan 31, 2013, 11:00 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.