SANTA MONICA, Calif., May 12, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- This June, two premier packaging events, EastPack and HBA Global, will join the largest advanced manufacturing event on the East Coast as two of the seven co-located expos – which are expected to draw more than 11,000 industry professionals. EastPack will uncover the latest materials and design innovations in packaging, while HBA Global hones in on packaging aesthetics and functionality for the health and beauty industry. Together, the two expos will host more than 200 top suppliers and 2,000 professionals from the likes of Pfizer, Hasbro, Sysco, and Pepsi, as well as Avon, CHANEL, and Estee Lauder.
EastPack, HBA Global, and the full range of co-located events will take place June 14-16 at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center in New York City. To request a Media Pass to attend all seven co-located events, visit: https://newyork.am.ubm.com/2016/registrations/media
See Bella the Bride – A Wedding Gown Made of Recycled Packaging
A highlight of the show will be Bella the Bride, the latest addition to the Recycle Runway Collection, a traveling exhibit showcasing sustainable fashion designs made from trash. Bella's wedding dress will be front and center in the Crystal Palace of the Javits Convention Center, portraying the importance of recycling discarded waste, specifically healthcare packaging, which could otherwise be sent to landfills. Bella's pure white gown is pieced and sewn out of discarded Tyvek®, a clean, flexible, white plastic, sterilizable material, widely used in medical device packaging.
Packaging Differentiation – Top Suppliers & In-Depth Conference Sessions
On the Expo floor, EastPack and HBA Global will host the packaging industry's top designers, engineers, suppliers, and manufacturers – covering flexible packaging, smart technology, RFID, automation, labels and labeling, and more.
With a Conference pass, packaging professionals will have access to powerful panel discussions, hands-on workshops, and deep-dive sessions to help them solve challenges and stimulate business by maximizing the aesthetic and functional appeal of packaging solutions. Full-day conference tracks include:
- Packaging for Food & Beverage: Tuesday, June 14, 10:00am – 4:30pm
- Topics include customized packaging, direct-to-package printing, and designing attractive branding for e-commerce
- Speakers from Heineken USA, Coca-Cola, Owens-Illinois
- Packaging Design for Health & Beauty: Wednesday, June 15, 10:00am – 4:30pm
- Topics include dispensing methods for convenience and travel-size products, design changes for new retail environments, and creating a brand story
- Speakers from The Clorox Company, Stila, Avon
- Advances in Pharmaceutical and Medical Packaging: Thursday, June 16, 10:00am – 4:30pm
- Topics include strategies for ensuring patient safety, and product efficacy through successful package delivery
- Speakers from U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention (USP), Pfizer, Center for Devices & Radiological Health, FDA, Center for Disease Control
To see the full conference schedule for EastPack & HBA Global, please visit: http://scheduleep.packagingdigest.com/theme/packaging.
To learn more about the seven co-located advanced manufacturing Expos happening June 14-16 at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center in New York, NY, please visit:
- HBA Global
- Medical Design & Manufacturing (MD&M) East
- ATX (Automation Technology) East
- Atlantic Design & Manufacturing
- PLASTEC East
- Quality Expo East
About Advanced Manufacturing Expos & Conferences
UBM's Advanced Manufacturing portfolio is the leading B-to-B event producer, publisher, and digital media business for the world's $3 trillion advanced, technology-based manufacturing industry. Our print and electronic products deliver trusted information to the advanced manufacturing market and leverage our proprietary 1.3 million name database to connect suppliers with buyers and purchase influencers. We produce more than 50 events and conferences in a dozen countries, connecting manufacturing professionals from around the globe. The Advanced Manufacturing portfolio is organized by UBM Americas, a part of UBM plc (UBM.L), an Events First marketing and communication services business. For more information, visit ubmamericas.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/east-coasts-largest-advanced-manufacturing-event-spotlights-innovation-in-packaging-creation--from-health--beauty-to-food--beverage-300267463.html
SOURCE UBM Americas