Easy on the Stomach: ALCAT Worldwide Sponsors Successful Conference on Gut, Brain & Autoimmune Disorders
DEERFIELD BEACH, Fla., Nov. 26, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Recently the American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine (A4M) hosted the successful conference in Fort Lauderdale called Gut, Brain, and Autoimmune Disorders: The Role of Food. Sponsored by ALCAT Worldwide, the two day conference was well received by the attendees and impressive list of speakers.
ALCAT Worldwide is a division of Cell Sciences Systems, where the ALCAT Test is performed in its licensed and FDA compliant laboratory. The ALCAT Test is a simple blood test that measures the body's cellular response to a wide array of substances including foods, functional foods, medicinal herbs, food additives, food colorings, environmental chemicals, molds, pharmacoactive agents, and antibiotics. The ALCAT Test identifies the personal triggers of inflammation caused by foods and chemicals.
Some of the highly respected speakers were:
- Alessio Fasano , M.D. – One of the world's leaders in Celiac Disease Research and the Director of the University of Maryland's Center for Celiac Research
- David Perlmutter , M.D. – National Speaker, Board Certified Neurologist and Medical Director of the Perlmutter Health Center
- William Davis , M.D. – Author of Wheat Belly
- Gerard E. Mullin , M.D. – Director, Integrative Health Services at Johns Hopkins University
- David Brady, ND, DC, CCN, DACBN – Director, Human Nutrition Institute at University of Bridgeport
- Liz Lipski , PH. D., CCN, CHN – Author of Digestive Wellness & Digestive Wellness for Children
Roger Deutsch , CEO of Cell Sciences Systems, Author of "Your Hidden Allergies are Making you Fat" and the pioneer of the popular global ALCAT Test spoke at the conference that was held at the Harbor Beach Marriott Resort and Spa. Deutsch discussed how hidden food allergies actually make people fat and how to properly test for it. He also discussed how food allergies can effect more than weight loss and gain, which includes chronic fatigue, eczema, digestive disorders, migraines, irritable bowel syndrome, arthritis and aching joints.
The scope of the presentations by experts, clinicians and scientists focused on:
- Understanding the immunological differences between innate and specific immunity and how those differences manifest in disorders ranging from gluten and other food sensitivities to more sever manifestations, such as celiac disease.
- Understanding what are the connections between the GI and nervous systems and how their mutual feedback mechanisms impact organism homeostasis, physical and psychological.
- Understand diagnostic tests and clinical tools.
- Discovering new areas of research and how these impact clinical practice.
Cell Science Systems, Corp. (CSS), located in Deerfield Beach, Florida, is a life sciences company and the worldwide market leader in food sensitivity testing as the manufacturer of the ALCAT Test. CSS operates a State of Florida and US government (CLIA) licensed laboratory; as well as an FDA registered, ISO certified, cGMP, medical device manufacturing facility. It is the sole owner of ALCAT Europe, GmbH, near Berlin, Germany, a European Union supported clinical and research facility of ALCAT testing services in the European Community. Available for over 25 years, the ALCAT Test identifies cellular reactions to over 350 foods, chemicals and herbs. These inflammatory reactions are linked to chronic health problems like obesity and diabetes, as well as skin, heart, joint, and digestive disorders. CSS also offers a range of endocrine tests. To find out more about the ALCAT test please visit: http://www.alcat.com. To purchase the book, Your Hidden Food Allergies Are Making You Fat, please visit:
CONTACT: Glen Calder , +1-561-750-9800 ext 216, email@example.com
SOURCE ALCAT Worldwide
More by this Source
ALCAT Worldwide Applauds Gluten Sensitivity Commentary in Scientific American
Mar 11, 2013, 10:00 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.