NEW YORK, June 1, 2016 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- This June, EAT (RED) SAVE LIVES -- led by Chef Mario Batali -- brings epicureans to the table to raise money and awareness for The Global Fund to Fight AIDS.
Across the U.S. and in the U.K., from Mexico to Thailand, more than 100 EAT (RED) events and activations will take place throughout June, with multiple ways for people to turn what they eat, drink, spend and post into a force to fight AIDS.
Whether you crave an inventive taco, a bespoke dinner curated by one of the world's most celebrated chefs, or want to watch kitchen heroes making (RED) dishes on Snapchat, EAT (RED) SAVE LIVES makes it easy to join the AIDS fight this June!
"As you decide what to eat and drink over the coming month, do it knowing that your choice can help save lives and get closer to the goal of an AIDS Free Generation," said Chef and (RED) Ambassador, Mario Batali.
Raising money for the Global Fund to fight AIDS, EAT (RED) SAVE LIVES kicks-off on June 2nd with 'The (RED) Supper' hosted by Mario Batali and Anthony Bourdain in New York City. Chefs Dominique Ansel, Nancy Silverton, Vinny Dotolo, Kevin Gillespie, Frank Castronovo, Frank Falcinelli, Tom Douglas, Angela Dimayuga and Kristen Kish will create an extraordinary dinner for hundreds of guests, paired with Josh Cellars wine, in addition to (Belvedere)RED cocktails and (BILLECART-SALMON)RED champagne.
Deborah Dugan, CEO, (RED), said: "It's an honor to see the culinary community come together with such generosity and creativity to fight AIDS, adding to the $350 million raised by (RED) for the Global Fund to fight AIDS."
Throughout June, event highlights include:
- Mario Batali's B&B Hospitality Group will host a (RED) Supper Club series, with 19 ticketed suppers at restaurants across the country, including La Sirena and Del Posto Ristorante.
- At BLT Steak, BLT Prime and The Wayfarer, Chef David Burke has personally created a special three-course EAT (RED) menu, which he will serve on the evening of June 5th.
- Charlotte, North Carolina's Heirloom Chef Clark Barlowe will serve an eight-course dinner inspired by eight countries (RED) supports in sub-Saharan Africa.
- In LA, the 'Abbot Kinney First Fridays' food truck rally will turn (RED) on June 3, with cult vendors including Recess Ice Cream, Chanchos Tacos, CJ's Wings, The Funky Chef Café, The Pudding Truck and the Vchos Truck all offering (RED) menu items.
- Chef Amanda Cohen is hosting a ticketed event at Dirt Candy, presenting a special "veggie pop-up brunch" collaboration with Chefs George Weld and Evan Hanzcor (Egg).
- Chef Alice Waters will host (RED) lunch and dinner services at her famed restaurant, Chez Panisse in Berkeley, California.
- In the U.K., itsu will offer '(RED)AMAME Beans' throughout June, with 20 pence from each purchase going to fight AIDS, while London-based tastemaker, Ella Woodward, will host a special (RED) dinner at the Mae Deli.
- Chef John Tesar's restaurant in Dallas, The Knife at the Highland, will serve a special (RED) menu throughout the month of June including (RED) Blood Sausage with a Fried Egg, a (RED) Pimento Burger and (RED) Lamb Meatballs.
- Smorgasburg's artisanal food pioneers will fight AIDS every weekend in June, offering (RED) menu items in NYC, and celebrating the launch of Smorgasburg LA with special activations.
In addition to events, there are many ways to fight AIDS with (RED) this June:
- From June 1-10, Bank of America will donate 30 cents for each customer who uses their Keep the Change®-enrolled debit card in a restaurant -- up to $600,000 total -- enough to provide more than 2.7 million days of life-saving HIV/AIDS medicine in sub–Saharan Africa.
- (LeCreuset)RED will launch a new range of its iconic cookware, with each purchase raising money for the Global Fund.
- UberEATS and Sprinkles will team up from June 20-24 in Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, San Diego, Houston, Los Angeles, NYC, and Washington D.C, to deliver special edition (RED) cupcakes. For every order, a donation of $3 will go to fight AIDS.
- Home chefs can cook up their favorite EAT (RED) recipes from top chefs including Mario Batali, or submit their own #myREDrecipe, for a chance to win a Le Creuset cookware set at Yummly.
Bringing the campaign to life on Instagram and Snapchat, more than 10 leading food and lifestyle social media creators will be supporting EAT (RED) SAVE LIVES. Starting with The (RED) Supper, creators including @brunchboys, @chefjacqueslamerde and @eatingnyc will transform the event into 'the world's most Instagrammable Dinner', and creatively support the campaign throughout June.
Also launching during the month of June is a brand new (RED) cooking show – 'The (RED) Kitchen'. Premiering on Snapchat, each episode will be co-hosted by a different celebrity chef who will teach home cooks, strapped for time and cash, the art of cooking an easy, delicious meal. Every episode will be filmed on location in the kitchen at (RED) HQ in New York. The episodes will be exclusively released on (RED)'s Snapchat Story.
To learn more about EAT (RED) SAVE LIVES, chef ambassadors or see a calendar of events, please visit Red.org.
EAT (RED) SAVE LIVES is generously supported by members of the culinary community including B&B Hospitality Group, Pat LaFrieda, Yummly, Alessi, Le Creuset, Zagat, Smorgasburg, Chef Works, Food & Wine, New York Magazine's Grub Street and Hill Holiday.
Video - http://youtu.be/it9_VDRp3SE
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/eat-red-save-lives-300277992.html