- eBags own brand grew +74% YoY and was the #1 selling brand out of 900+ on the site
- Other brands also saw significant growth. Samsonite brand grew + 108% during Cyber Five
- Extreme Cyber Week Steals and Deals, featuring discounts from top brands at up to 85% off, increased sales +104% over Cyber Five
- International sales doubled
- Mobile accounted for 43% of total visits and 21% of total sales
- Shoppers chose mobile with visits and sales up +92% and +80%, respectively
- Overall eBags.com traffic grew +40% over Cyber Five
Top Selling Items
"Cyber Monday on eBags was easily a company record day for sales and margin dollars," said Peter Cobb, eBags Co-Founder & EVP. "The eBags.com website accommodated over 320,000 visitors on Cyber Monday alone and saw strong conversion rates throughout the Cyber Five day period. We broke records in almost every metric throughout the weekend and our growth into this week is exceeding our strong Cyber Five growth, which goes to show you that shoppers are coming back for more. We are prepared to fuel the great holiday kickoff with more aggressive sales and deals so that eBags remains the source for all things travel."
Holiday savings will continue on eBags.com, with more Extreme Steals and Deals and other promotions, including:
- Trade In, Trade Up launched on Thanksgiving to help shoppers use eBags shipping boxes to donate retired bags (or any used items) to Goodwill for free. Customers who donate get a 25% off coupon to use on their next purchase.
- Through December 4th, all customers who purchase an eBags product get a free eBags Connected Luggage Tag, to help them reunite with lost luggage and keep their personal information private.
- eBags is launching a two-day shipping promotion from December 9-20, which will guarantee two-day shipping before the holidays!
About eBags: With more than 17 years in the travel goods industry and 27 million bags sold, eBags is the leading online retailer of luggage, backpacks and travel-related accessories. The company is devoted to helping its customers find the perfect travel gear for any journey. Ranked a top luggage retailer in 2016 by Consumer Reports, eBags features more than 90,000 products from over 900 brands, including Tumi, Samsonite, Bose, Kenneth Cole, Patagonia, The North Face, PrAna and more. For more information, visit eBags.com
Logo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20160203/329613LOGO
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/ebags-breaks-records-on-cyber-monday-2016-300371424.html