eBags' highlights from third quarter results:
- Sales grew by +23% YoY
- Mobile visits up 40% YoY
- Mobile sales grew 84% YoY
- Visits to site outpaced 2015 by +17%
- The company is heading into the holiday season with its largest assortment of products and brands; 88,000 SKUs (+43% YoY) and 877 brands (+51% YoY)
- eBags was ranked a top luggage retailer by Consumer Reports.
- eBags Brand products experienced dramatic growth with YoY sales of +53% in the QTR. Innovative product offerings helped drive the growth, including the Professional Slim and Professional Slim Junior Backpacks, Ultralight Packing Cubes and the Connected Luggage Tag.
- +28% combined YoY growth in the categories of luggage, backpacks and travel accessories
eBags launched key partnerships in the second quarter:
- Launched BOSE in August, marking eBags' biggest move to date in their category expansion to all things travel. BOSE was the single most successful brand launch in the company's history, as measured by the first week's sales.
- Gained full exclusivity on the SwissGear ScanSmart 1900, the #1 selling laptop backpack in the country. Now available only through eBags in five colors.
- Launched the innovative eBags Connected Luggage Tag in mid-August, which helps reunite travelers with their luggage and bags. The tag instantly became a top-viewed item and the #1 converting item on the site.
- Partnered with Antler on the exclusive U.S. launch of the Antler ATOM, a super-strong and light suitcase made with groundbreaking material.
- Launched Nest's line of connected home products to make homes safer, more energy efficient, and secure when you travel.
The company will continue to work with its brand partners to launch innovative new products that are exclusive to the eBags platform, so millions of customers have the best selection of travel products and gifts throughout the holiday season.
eBags Co-Founder and EVP Peter Cobb said, "We've made the right strategic decisions for the long-term health of eBags, and we are beginning to see them pay off in our sales and traffic growth. We will continue to invest heavily in our own brand in the fourth quarter, with at least six (6) new eBags Brand product launches. We are fully committed to continuing to serve our partners across the globe and working with new brands to carry out successful product launches through the eBags platform."
About eBags: With more than 17 years in travel and over 26.5 million bags sold, eBags is the leading online retailer of luggage, backpacks and accessories. The company is devoted to helping its customers find the perfect travel gear for any journey. eBags features 87,000 products from 850+ brands, including TUMI, Samsonite, Kenneth Cole, Patagonia, The North Face and more. For more information, visit eBags.com.
Logo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20160203/329613LOGO
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/ebags-reports-third-quarter-results-drives-growth-across-key-financial-metrics-300333602.html