Edmunds operates a Results-Only Work Environment (ROWE), which gives employees significant freedom to set their own hours and take the time off they need, as long as they deliver results for the company. Other unique benefits at Edmunds include TripCa$h, which reimburses each employee up to $500 in vacation expenses; and Bonusly, a program that empowers employees to recognize each other's work and accomplishments with small spot bonuses.
This award comes just weeks after Edmunds opened its brand new state-of-the-art "EdQuarters" at the Colorado Center in Santa Monica. The 143,000-square-foot facility sets a new bar for workplace culture and amenities in Los Angeles' emerging "Silicon Beach" tech scene. Highlights of the office space include:
- a 6,000-lb. installation of 1966 and 2016 Corvettes (to commemorate the company's 50th anniversary), set wheel-to-wheel and rotating above the reception area
- a 32-foot custom stainless steel slide that connects the facility's two floors
- a 1948 Cadillac Fleetwood re-purposed as a beer and coffee bar
- 130 feet of sliding glass panels that transform the offices into an indoor/outdoor workspace
- 19,000 sq. ft. of custom whiteboard walls to sketch, design and innovate
- frozen yogurt machine with toppings bar, in addition to other complimentary food and beverage options
- game room featuring classic video games, Foosball, and air hockey
Edmunds currently has more than 20 job openings in its Santa Monica office. Interested candidates can see available positions and submit applications at http://www.edmunds.com/careers/.
To be considered for LABJ's Best Places to Work in Los Angeles, companies had to fulfill the following eligibility requirements:
- Be a for-profit, not-for-profit business or government entity;
- Be a publicly or privately held business;
- Have a facility in Los Angeles;
- Have at least 15 employees in Los Angeles;
- Be in business a minimum of one year.
Companies from across the Los Angeles area entered the two-part survey process to determine the Best Places to Work in Los Angeles. The first part consisted of evaluating each nominated company's workplace policies, practices, philosophy, systems and demographics. This part of the process was worth approximately 25% of the total evaluation. The second part consisted of an employee survey to measure the employee experience. This part of the process was worth approximately 75% of the total evaluation. The combined scores determined the top companies and the final rankings. Best Companies Group managed the overall registration and survey process in Los Angeles, analyzed the data and determined the final rankings.
The full rankings will be published in the August 22, 2016, issue of the Los Angeles Business Journal.
About Edmunds, Inc.
Car shopping destination Edmunds.com serves millions of visitors each month. With Edmunds Price Promise®, shoppers can buy smarter with instant, upfront prices for cars and trucks currently for sale at 10,000 dealer franchises across the U.S. Shoppers can browse not only dealer inventory, but also vehicle reviews, shopping tips, photos, videos and feature stories on both Edmunds' wired site and on its acclaimed mobile apps. Regarded as one of the best places to work in Southern California, Edmunds.com was also named one of "The World's Top 10 Most Innovative Companies of 2015 in Automotive" by Fast Company. Edmunds welcomes all car-shopping questions on its free Live Help Line at 1-855-782-4711 and email@example.com, via text at ED411 and on Twitter and Facebook. The company is based in Santa Monica, Calif. and has a satellite office in downtown Detroit, Mich., but you can find Edmunds from anywhere on YouTube, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Instagram, Google+ and Flipboard.
Edmunds.com Corporate Communications
Media Hotline: 310-309-4900
Logo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20130612/MM31390LOGO
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/edmundscom-named-a-best-place-to-work-in-los-angeles-for-seventh-consecutive-year-300314904.html