BOSTON, June 2, 2017 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Please join us at the Edison Electric Institute's (EEI's) Annual Convention in Boston from June 11-14. Electric company executives, industry thought leaders, and policymakers will discuss the transformation taking place throughout the electric power industry and the innovative solutions that America's electric companies are developing to meet customers' evolving needs and expectations.
The convention also will feature EEI's Smart Community, an interactive exhibit showcasing examples of the different approaches that communities are taking to improve sustainability, spur economic development, enhance public safety, drive efficiencies, and create a better quality of life. A smart community is a connected community that is built on smarter energy infrastructure and leverages the power of data.
Tap into an unrivaled opportunity to connect with the industry's top executives and thought leaders as they participate in panel discussions on Taking Smart Cities to the Next Level, Securing the Nation's Energy Grid, Building an Energy Workforce for Tomorrow, Powering Mobility in the 21st Century, The Impact of Technology on the Energy Grid, and much more. In 2016, more than 50 CEOs and senior executives addressed these critical industry issues.
When: Sunday, June 11 - Wednesday, June 14, 2017
Where: Boston Marriott Copley Place; 110 Huntington Ave, Boston, MA 02116
Who: Keynote speakers for the opening general session on Monday, June 12, include:
- General (Ret.) Keith Alexander, Former Director of the National Security Agency and former Commander of the United States Cyber Command
- Michael Beaton, Massachusetts Secretary of Energy and Environmental Affairs
- David Gergen, CNN senior political analyst and co-director of the Harvard Kennedy School's Center for Public Leadership
- Andy McAfee, Principal research scientist at the MIT Initiative on the Digital Economy, MIT Sloan School of Management
Tom Brokaw, legendary NBC journalist celebrating his 50th year of award-winning journalism, will speak to attendees at the gala reception and dinner on Tuesday, June 13.
Other speakers include:
- Greg Abel, Chairman, President and CEO, Berkshire Hathaway Energy
- Nick Akins, Chairman, President and CEO, American Electric Power
- Gerry Anderson, Chairman and CEO, DTE Energy
- Warner Baxter, Chairman, President and CEO, Ameren Corporation
- Ashley Brown, Executive Director, Harvard Electricity Policy Group
- Chris Clark, President, Minnesota, South Dakota, North Dakota, Xcel Energy
- Chris Crane, President and CEO, Exelon
- John Daly, Deputy Homeland Security Advisor, The White House
- Scott Drury, President, San Diego Gas & Electric
- Tom Fanning, Chairman, President and CEO, Southern Company
- Lynn Good, President and CEO, Duke Energy
- Patricia Hoffman, Acting Under Secretary, Office of Science and Energy, U.S. Department of Energy
- Judith Judson, Commissioner, Massachusetts Department of Energy Resources
- Joseph McClelland, Director, Office of Energy Infrastructure Security, FERC
- Philip Mezey, President and CEO, Itron
- Andy Ott, President and CEO, PJM Interconnection
- Bob Perciasepe, President, Center for Climate and Energy Solutions
- Scott Prochazka, President and CEO, CenterPoint Energy
- Marcy Reed, President – Massachusetts, National Grid
- Rich Riazzi, President and CEO, Duquesne Light Company
- Matt Roberts, Executive Director, Energy Storage Association
- Shawn Schukar, Chairman and President, Ameren Transmission Company
- Gordon van Welie, President and CEO, ISO New England
- Pat Vincent-Collawn, Chairman, President and CEO, PNM Resources
- Geisha Williams, President and CEO, PG&E Corporation
The full schedule of events is available here.
For more information or to register (free for press), please contact Brian Reil at firstname.lastname@example.org or (202) 508-5514.
EEI is the association that represents all U.S. investor-owned electric companies. Our members provide electricity for 220 million Americans, and operate in all 50 states and the District of Columbia. As a whole, the electric power industry supports more than 7 million jobs in communities across the United States. In addition to our U.S. members, EEI has more than 60 international electric companies as International Members, and hundreds of industry suppliers and related organizations as Associate Members.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/eei-to-feature-interactive-smart-community-experience-at-annual-convention-in-boston-june-11-14-300468036.html
SOURCE Edison Electric Institute