LONDON, Feb. 13, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Egypt was an exporter of LNG till 2014. However, natural gas production in Egypt declined over the past few years, and at the same time demand for LNG increased continuously due to rising demand from power and industrial sectors in the country. Thus, from being an exporter of LNG, Egypt currently imports LNG to address domestic demand. Moreover, Egyptian Natural Gas Holding Company secured a long-term contract from Gazprom and Sonatrach to supply 15 BCM of LNG to Egypt by 2020. Also, severalcompanies operating in Egypt LNG market are increasing focus on using Floating Storage and Regasification Units (FSRU) for faster commissioning of LNG and to also reduce cost of importing LNG. Furthermore, in order to reduce natural gas demand-supply gap in the country, imports and domestic production of LNG in Egypt is forecast to rise through 2025.
According to "Egypt LNG Market Demand & Supply Analysis, By Region, By Application, By LNG Terminal, Competition Forecast and Opportunities, 2011-2025", LNG market in Egypt projected to surpass 4.5 MMT by 2025. In 2015, Egypt recorded highest imports of LNG in Middle East & Africa. The country majorly imports LNG from Qatar, Algeria, Australia and Equatorial Guinea. Moreover, increasing demand for LNG from various end use sectors and decreasing LNG prices in comparison to other alternative fuels are anticipated to drive LNG market in Egypt during 2016-2025. "Egypt LNG Market Demand & Supply Analysis, By Region, By Application, By LNG Terminal, Competition Forecast and Opportunities, 2011-2025" discusses the following aspects of LNG market in the Egypt:
- Egypt LNG Demand & Supply Analysis
- Egypt LNG Potential Demand & Supply Gap
- Regional Market Analysis (Greater Cairo Region, Alexandria Region, Suez Canal Region, Delta Region, Asyut Region, North Upper Region and South Upper Region)
- LNG Pricing Analysis
Why You Should Buy This Report?
- To gain an in-depth understanding of Egypt LNG market
- To identify on-going trends and anticipated growth within next ten years
- To help align market-centric strategies for LNG terminal operators, aggregators, suppliers, marketers and consultants
- To obtain research based business decisions and add weight to presentations and marketing material
- To gain competitive knowledge of leading market players
- To avail 10% customization in the report without any extra charges and get research data or trends added in the report as per the buyer's specific needs
The information contained in this report is based upon both primary and secondary research. Primary research includes interaction with LNG terminal operators, aggregators, distributors and industry experts in Egypt. Secondary research includes an exhaustive search of relevant publications such as company annual reports, financial reports and proprietary databases.