—Inexpensive app re-creates vintage synthesizer sounds and features for mobile users —
NEW YORK, July 27, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Electro-Harmonix has released a mobile version of their early electronic synthesizer keyboard, The Mini Synthesizer, priced at $2.99 for phone and $4.99 for tablet. Now available for iPad and iPhone (IOS version 8.0 or later) with an Android version due in October, the app provides the original's circa-1980 sounds plus modern enhancements. These include a virtual MIDI input, an enhanced effects section, a ribbon controller and more.
To view the video and download the app, visit www.ehx.com/products/mini-synthesizer-app.
22 preset sound programs are included and the user can store an almost unlimited number of his or her own programs. Equipped with 12 sliders and nine switches, the potential for sound creation and tweaking is vast.
Electro-Harmonix President and Founder, Mike Matthews stated: "Fans of vintage synths will appreciate the app's ability to re-create the original's warm analog sounds and deep funky bass, but because it's so affordable and user-friendly, parents, educators and non-musicians will love it, too."
Here is an overview of the user interface:
- PITCH slider lets the player raise or lower the pitch of the note by +/- 1 octave
- SUB-OCTAVE slider introduces a note one octave below what's being played for extra bottom
- OCTAVE UP switch causes the note being played to jump up one octave.
- TUNE knob lets the player tune the Mini Synthesizer to other instruments and sound sources over a +/- 50 cents range.
- PHASE RATE slider adjusts the speed of the phase shifter
- FILTER START sets the start frequency of the filter sweep
- FILTER STOP sets the stop frequency of the filter sweep
- SWEEP RATE controls the speed of the filter sweep
- PHASE switch turns the effect on/off
- 2X FILTER switch changes how the audio passes through the filters (either in parallel or in series)
- Q switch sets the amount of resonance on the filter sweep
- RETRIGGER SWITCH turns retrigger on/off
- TIME slider adjusts the delay time up to two seconds
- FEEDBACK controls the number of echo repeats
- BLEND adjusts the mix of the original signal and the echo repeats
- DELAY switch turns the effect on/off
- AMOUNT slider adjusts the reverb effect level
- BLEND slider controls the mix of the wet and dry signals
- REVERB switch turns reverb on/off
- REVERB>DELAY switch lets the user place either Delay or Reverb first in the effects chain for a variety of cool sound effects.
- VOL (Volume) slider adjusts the Mini Synthesizer's overall sound output level
- POLY/MONO switch toggles between polyphonic (four notes can be played simultaneously) or monophonic (only one note can be played at a time) modes
- PRESETS pop-down menu displays the presets available and allows the user to instantly select one
- HORIZONTAL slider lets the player adjust the keyboard's sounding range over an expansive eight-octave range.
- RIBBON Interface lets the player perform portamento (glide up or down to pitch), vibrato and other expressive playing.
Electro-Harmonix was founded in 1968 by Mike Matthews and has been a pioneer in the creation of sound effects for musicians since that time. Their earliest product, the LPB-1 Linear Power Booster, helped usher in the "Age of Overdrive." Subsequent products like the Big Muff Pi Distortion/Sustainer, POG2 Polyphonic Octave Generator and Deluxe Memory Man Analog Delay have achieved cult status. Located in New York City since the company's inception, Electro-Harmonix currently manufactures over 125 different sound effects products for musicians.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/electro-harmonix-introduces-next-generation-mini-synthesizer-300304450.html