Electronic Industry's UBM Electronics Re-launches Embedded.com as a Standalone Website Creates Community Driven Network for Embedded Systems Developers
SAN FRANCISCO, Sept. 17, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- UBM Electronics, the daily source of essential business and technical information for the design engineering and electronics industry's decision makers, today announced the re-launch of Embedded.com, the premier resource for embedded systems developers, as a standalone website. The new Embedded.com (www.Embedded.com) is an online community-driven resource that allows designers in the embedded space to learn tried and true techniques for designing embedded systems.
Embedded.com has strong ties to UBM Electronics' face-to-face events, including the ESC Summits at DESIGN West and DESIGN East. DESIGN East will take place September 17-20, 2012 at the Hynes Convention Center in Boston, MA.
The new Embedded.com will offer community features that enable developers to share their own content, ideas and experiences directly with the community and will bring users into the conversation through moderated discussions, blogs, and a full suite of multimedia content such as video and audio. The most recognized experts in the embedded industry provide curated, design-focused content, columns, and blogs to Embedded.com enabling systems developers to access an array of analysis, forums and archives targeted specifically to this niche.
The main components of Embedded.com include:
- Home Page - highlighting expert content, blogs, as well as comments from the community.
- Site Sections - Development, Essentials & Education, Community, Industry Content, Product Reviews, and Development Centers, which pull together all the various information and discussions from across the network.
- Community & Insights - cultivating deeper engagement and interaction among members.
- Source Code Library - making code more accessible and allowing developers to upload software code to make it available to their peers.
- Development Centers - designed to be topic-specific sections where embedded systems developers, designers and engineers can quickly find and exchange information and proven techniques. Each curated center consists of how-to technical design articles, archives, a forum showcasing the debates and discussions from other engineers and colleagues, columns and commentary, new products, industry updates, video, webinars, and technical white papers.
- Archives - giving developers access to every product and design issue covered since 1988 as well as 20 years of ESC conference educational papers.
"Embedded.com is re-emerging as the habit-forming website for professional embedded systems engineers, developers, and designers seeking a one-stop-shop for continuing technical education," said Colin Holland, Editorial Director of Embedded.com. "I'm particularly excited by the addition of key development centers and interactive community features such as member profiles, the ability to link with peers, store articles to your personal library, and follow comments to continue the many dialogs taking place at any given time. In addition, our very popular forums will be revamped and the downloadable code library upgraded and expanded."
"This is an exciting time for the UBM Electronics and Embedded.com team. We are delighted to be able to provide the embedded community a true home to call their own," said Patrick Mannion, Brand Director, EDN, Test & Measurement World, and Embedded.com at UBM Electronics.
Leading the Embedded.com content team is Mannion, who has more than 20 years of editorial experience in the electronics OEM media industry. Additional content staff team members include:
- Colin Holland, Editorial Director, Embedded
- Bernie Cole, Online Editor, Embedded
- Susan Rambo, Managing Editor, Embedded
Embedded.com experts include:
- Dan Saks, Programming Pointers; C and C++ programming
- Jack Ganssle. Break Points
- Michael Barr, Bar Code
- Jack Crenshaw, Programmer's Toolbox
For additional information regarding Embedded.com, visit Embedded.com or contact Patrick Mannion at email@example.com. Marketers interested in advertising or partnership opportunities, should contact David Blaza, Vice President, UBM Electronics at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Embedded is the resource for everything embedded systems designers and developers need to do their jobs, from the latest products, design and coding trends and tips, source code, to practical design information, discussions, features and industry happenings. With a staff of seasoned industry experts, Embedded.com is the place where engineers can keep their finger on the pulse of the market. Embedded also offers community features enabling developers to share their own content, ideas, and experiences directly with the Embedded Community. The Community is brought into the conversation through moderated discussions, blogs, and video and audio content.
About UBM Electronics
UBM Electronics is the global leader in media and marketing solutions for design engineering and the electronics industry. We deliver results for the key influencers and decision makers involved in the design, development, and commercialization of technology through its market leading brands, peer communities, and professional education services. More than 2.2 million engineering professionals engage with UBM Electronics brands which include EE Times, EDN, Design News, Test & Measurement World, TechOnline, EBN, DataSheets.com, Designlines, and Embedded.com across the globe to accelerate technology sales. The international electronics community gathers at UBM Electronics market leading events such as the Embedded Systems Conferences, DESIGN, DesignCon, and ARM Technology Conference to share, learn, discuss, and advance the critical issues and challenges facing the electronics industry. Additionally, UBM Electronics provides end-to-end services ranging from next-generation marketing, integrated media, custom solutions and research. UBM Electronics is part of UBM (UBM.L) a global provider of media and information services for professional B2B communities and markets.
For more information, go to UBMElectronics.com; follow us at @ubm_electronics to get the latest UBM Electronics news.
For more information on UBM Electronics please contact:
Felicia Hamerman, Vice President, Marketing
T: 516.562.5652, E: email@example.com
SOURCE UBM Electronics