LONDON, March 2, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- The global electroplating market is expected to increase at an average CAGR over the forecast period. Significant opportunities for growth exist in the growing markets of APEJ. The global electroplating market was valued above US$ 14,540.5 Mn in 2016 and is expected to expand at a CAGR of 3.7% to cross US$ 21,160.0 Mn by the end of 2026. APEJ is the fastest growing region and is expected to exhibit promising growth in the global electroplating market, registering a CAGR of 4.6% over the foreseen period. The market of Western Europe performed well in 2015 and accounted for nearly 27.2% value share. This market will likely to continue its good performance during the forecast period.
By end use, the Electrical & Electronics segment is anticipated to dominate the global electroplating market within the period of forecast. Amongst the countries US and China will hold the leash of the market in the forthcoming years. India, South Korea and China are likely to provide significant opportunities in the global electroplating market over the coming years. Budding partnership with original equipment manufacturers and long-term contracts are expected to set the tone in the global electroplating market. The market is characterised by high fragmentation and the trend still continues to follow over the coming years. Non-precious metals, in terms of value, accounted for more than two-thirds of the total global electroplating market in 2015. The segment is expected to continue its dominance throughout the forecast period. The increasing use of nickel, zinc and its alloys is expected to drive market growth of this segment.
Performance analysis of the end use industry segment
Electrical & Electronics segment is projected to account for a major share of the global electroplating market. The Automotive and Electrical & Electronics segments are estimated to collectively hold about 65% of the total value share of the global electroplating market by the end of 2026. Owing to the growth of the Electrical & Electronics industry, copper and nickel are expected to gain significant BPS in the global electroplating market between 2016 & 2026. In 2016, the Electrical & Electronics segment dominated the global market with 34.3% revenue share, followed by the Automotive and Aerospace & Defence segments which held 30.0% and 13.3% shares respectively.
The Electrical & Electronics segment will continue to expand at a CAGR of 3.9% over the assessment period to reach a market value of about US$ 7,500 by the end of 2026. This segment is also predicted to gain more than 35 BPS by the end of the forecast period. On the other hand the Automotive, Aerospace and Defence and Jewellery segments are likely to lose more than 30 BPS by the end of the forecast period. In the year-on-year growth analysis, the Electricals & Electronics segment is expected to hold a disproportionately large value share of 34.7% in the global electroplating market by 2026 end. This segment is estimated to exhibit a steady growth rate through the forecast period. Automotive segment is estimated to exhibit healthy growth rates and is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of 3.9% in terms of value over the forecast period. Machinery Parts & Components segment, expanding at a CAGR of 3.8% over the forecast period, is expected to represent 10.2% share of the total incremental opportunity created between 2016 and 2026.
Market analysis of the end use industry segment
- Automotive: Automotive segment was estimated to be valued above US$ 4,300 Mn by the end of 2016 and is projected to expand at a CAGR of 3.9% over the forecast period to reach beyond US$ 6,440 Mn by 2026 end. The segment is expected to create a total incremental opportunity of more than US$ 2,000 Mn between 2016 and 2026.
- Electrical and Electronics: Electrical & Electronics segment was estimated to be valued at over US$ 5,000 Mn by 2016 end and is projected to expand at a CAGR of 3.9% over the forecast period to reach a value more than US$ 7,300 Mn by 2026 end.
- Aerospace & Defence: The segment is projected to create incremental $ opportunity of more than US$ 750.9 Mn during the forecast period.
- Jewellery: Jewellery segment is expected to reach a market value of more than US$ 950 Mn by 2026 end.
- Machinery Parts & Components: This segment is expected to create total incremental opportunity of less than US$ 670 Mn between 2016 and 2026.
- Others: The segment is expected to expand a CAGR of 3.6% and lose 10 BPS between 2016 and 2026.
Download the full report: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/4715257/
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers
For more information:
Research Advisor at Reportbuyer.com
Tel: +44 208 816 85 48
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/electroplating-market-automotive-and-electrical--electronics-end-use-industry-segments-estimated-to-hold-about-65-of-the-total-market-value-share-by-2026-end-global-industry-analysis-and-opportunity-assessment-2016-2026-300416819.html