NEW YORK, April 16, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Ben Silverman's multimedia studio Electus, an operating business of IAC (Nasdaq: IACI), today announced the initial programming and talent line-up for its new Hispanic celebrity-oriented, pop culture channel, NuevOn (Spanish for 'New On'), launching on April 16th on YouTube™.
NuevOn, which will feature high-impact, buzz-worthy programming almost entirely in Spanish, was conceptualized by Electus in partnership with Luis Balaguer, CEO of Latin World Entertainment, and a seasoned team with over twenty years of expertise in creating and marketing hits, including Melissa Escobar, a veteran producer and programming executive with over a decade of experience at Univision where she began her career.
The YouTube channel will feature a variety of entertaining reality, drama and comedy formats that are specifically tailored to young, multi-cultural Latinos. While primarily devoted to this unique demographic, taking into consideration the universal themes, humor and love Hispanics have for their own celebrities, family, drama and aspirational dreams, NuevOn's shows will also generate global news and trends that transcend markets. Additional programming and talent will be announced in the weeks to come.
NuevOn's initial programming and talent lineup features top stars, trendsetters and opinion-makers in the Hispanic world including:
- ARCHIVOS MORTALES: Archivos Mortales is a new scripted thriller in the vein of Paranormal Activity which features journalism students Kika (Juanita Ringeling), Maripaz (Maria Gracia Omegna), and Rafael (Francisco Gormaz), who have to complete a final research project in order to graduate. The focus of their research is to find the truth about myths and rituals in San Juan's night, a popular tradition where the devil comes down to take some souls. The remote cottage where Maripaz's grandmother died is where they record their investigations, but a terrible past comes back to haunt them. The series is produced by Efe3, a leading Chilean TV and film production company. Archivos Mortales premieres a new episode every Friday on NuevOn.
- FEIM FIX (featuring Felipe Viel): Feim Fix is a new Hispanic entertainment news, gossip, fashion, and humor series hosted by beloved host Felipe Viel and his alter egos, the greater-than-life Franchis Mozzo and crass Armando Bronca. Known as one of the most charismatic and recognized Hispanic TV personalities in the world, Viel's spontaneous style, sense of humor and versatility as a host, actor and comedian has landed him a special place in the hearts of millions of fans in the US and Latin America. Feim Fix premieres a new episode every Thursday on NuevOn.
- KING OF THE FLOOR (created and executive produced by Wilmer Valderrama): King of the Floor is a new reality competition series that allows audiences a rarely seen glimpse into the elusive world of underground break dancing where one-on-one dance battles are known for being a way of life and a fulfilling form of expression for an uprising young generation. King of the Floor follows the preparation and motives that drive these dancers into battle. Hosted by iconic underground break dancers, two heroes will ultimately go up against one another to see whose raw talent wins out as King of the Floor. Judging is based on originality and skills performed by the battlers. King of the Floor will premiere on NuevOn in the coming months.
- LA GRAN ROYAL (featuring La Gran Royal Comedy Troupe): La Gran Royal, Mexico's leading comedy troupe, brings a hilarious new sketch series to NuevOn. The weekly show includes musical video parodies, irreverent situations, impersonations and ridiculous comedic situations targeted to young Latino audiences. La Gran Royal was co-founded in 2008 by Marcos Bucay and Moises Aisemberg, a pair of screenwriters, directors and friends who had the ambitious goal of making the world a funnier place. Their successful viral videos are widely popular around the world, having been viewed by audiences tens of millions of times. La Gran Royal premieres a new episode every Tuesday on NuevOn.
- MI VIDA CON TOTY (featuring Manolo Gonzalez Vergara and Sofia Vergara): Manolo Gonzalez Vergara is a 20 year old film and acting student, who happens to be the son of Emmy and Golden Globe award-nominated actress Sofia Vergara. In this new, loud, in-your-face reality series, Manolo documents his mother's colorful Hollywood Latino life. The voyeuristic, funny mockumentary is a unique opportunity to see Sofia Vergara as she appears behind-the-scenes with her family and entourage in tow. Mi Vida Con Toty premieres a new episode every Wednesday on NuevOn.
- TURN IT ON (featuring host Alexandra Pomales): Host Alexandra Pomales talks to NuevOn fans from the NuevOn studio in Miami, Florida where she wraps up the highlights of what happens each week on NuevOn and around the web. The show will include behind-the-scenes footage and will address specific comments and questions from the NuevOn audience submitted via YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, and Google+. Turn It On will premiere a new episode every Monday on NuevOn.
- YES YOU CAN WITH CHABAN (featuring Alejandro Chaban): Actor, motivator, author, primetime soap star, and formerly overweight heartthrob Alejandro Chaban proves that losing weight and getting in shape can be fun and change your life. In this new inspirational series, Chaban helps overweight fans trim up and get much-needed self-worth. Through fun experiments with food, trivia, nutrition and exercise tips that include a bit of comedy and a lot of reality, he shows viewers the path to health... Success is paid with sweat and tears, but the prize is always great and it ends up with hi-fives and surprises. Yes You Can with Chaban will premiere on NuevOn in the coming months.
"With such an incredible line-up of Latino super-stars, NuevOn is uniquely positioned to create a tremendous splash in the Hispanic community and beyond with some of the most entertaining shows the web has yet to see," said Drew Buckley, COO and Head of Digital for Electus. "We are very proud to launch NuevOn with the likes of Sofia, Wilmer, Alejandro and Felipe - all of whom have millions of dedicated fans globally."
"NuevOn will give US Hispanics and Latinos around the world high entertainment content, humor, gossip, drama, series and a chance to enjoy their favorite stars as never before," said Luis Balaguer, Founder & CEO of Latin WE." But, most importantly, NuevOn will also become an incubator of talented stars, producers and formats that will transcend into other media."
Officially launching on April 16th, Electus will announce The NuevOn Channel's full talent and programming slate in the coming weeks. Viewers can subscribe to The NuevOn Channel to view the first slate of shows and to watch for new trailers and show updates at: http://www.youtube.com/nuevon.
For additional information or to connect with NuevOn's social media platforms, please visit:
Electus is the first integrated multimedia entertainment studio to unite producers, creators, advertisers and distributors under one roof and produce all forms of content for distribution across a variety of platforms around the world. Headed by Ben Silverman in partnership with IAC [NASDAQ: IACI], the company connects advertisers, distributors and content creators early on in the development process, enabling marketers and advertisers to be a true partner in campaigns and content creation. Electus International, the global distribution arm of Electus, is responsible for all international sales and distribution for Electus' programming and its studio partners as well as programs and formats from other well-known 3rd party providers. For more information on Electus, visit www.electus.com.
Latin World Entertainment (LWE) is the premier Hispanic talent management and entertainment marketing firm in the United States. A multi-service company offering a 360 degree approach that includes public relations, endorsements, promotions, brand integration, production, content development, and licensing. LWE represents the biggest stars, opinion makers and trendsetters in the Spanish-speaking entertainment world and leverages that star power to take brands and products directly into the burgeoning Hispanic market. In addition, the firm has successfully marketed over 500 major Hollywood studio films to U.S. Hispanics, promoted top Spanish-language music tours for the largest live entertainment companies in the U.S., and created and produced branded entertainment programs featuring LWE talent for various Fortune 500 companies. For more information, visit www.latinwe.com.
Electus Stacy Simpson 212.314.7470 Stacy.firstname.lastname@example.org
Think Latino Rocio Kissling 818-888-4001 email@example.com
LatinWe Conchita Paz-Oliva 305.572.1515 Conchita@latinwe.com