KNOXVILLE, Tenn., March 28, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Ella Ruggles is recognized by Continental Who's Who as a Pinnacle Professional in the field of Education. Ella is the Video Production Coordinator and video instructor at Pellissippi State Community College.
Providing an array of academic programs, Pellissippi State Community College helps students establish the foundation for personal growth and academic success since its inception in 1974.
For more than 25 years, Ms. Ruggles has educated students in the field of video production. As Program Coordinator, she is in charge of expanding the concentration's programs while developing new curriculum courses in media to keep the program current with the help of her faculty.
Ms. Ruggles has built a successful career in the education field through her knowledge, punctuality and honesty. Starting her career, teaching students in her dance studio, her educational background spans many different areas, including speech, English and drama. She received a master's degree in telecommunications from Michigan State University, a B.A. in Secondary Education and an Associate Degree in Business Administration and Interior Design from Flint Community College. She has worked as a Senior Producer/Director for South Carolina Television and also for University of Michigan. She serves on the Advisory Board for the Children's Museum of Oak Ridge. She has judged video contests for Foothills Film Festival, TSA State Video Conferences, Gatlinburg Film Festivals and many others. Mentor for Scripps Networks for WICT. (Women in Cable Telecommunications) With more than four decades in video production, she loves to produce, direct and write scripts. As video technology program coordinator, she continues to learn as much as possible about the evolving world of technology. Some of her honors and awards include:
- Who's Who in America's Teachers in 1998, 1999 and 2000
- Produced and directed the first series of "Wildlife Wood Carvers" for WFUM-TV that got into the Nielsen ratings, 1984
- Secondary permanent teaching certificate, Michigan State University, 1982
- Intern of the Year from Michigan State University in 1977
- Assistant producer of "Interlochen", a program accepted by PBS for airing on 242 PBS stations throughout the U.S., including Puerto and Alaska.
- Assistant producer of "Summer Illusions" accepted by the Central Education Network (CEN) for national distribution
- Produced and directed a 30 minute program for Project Graduation which aired on the three network stations and the local PBS station at the same time
- Honored lifetime member of Montclair Who's Who in Collegiate Facility- Who are dedicated in uniting accomplished professionals and executives from around the world. They help their members share ideas and strategies through their private network. Becoming a member is considered a privilege and an honor. The members are recognized as leaders from specific industries across the globe.
- Top Female Executives in 2015
- Oxford's Who's Who in 2015
Passionate about helping and mentoring students, Ms. Ruggles has always emphasized the importance of education. Inspired by her students, she listens to them and concerns herself with helping them find ways to take advantage of their education. It gives her a great sense of accomplishment knowing that she has made a difference in the lives of her students. In 2010-2011, Ms. Ruggles received an Excellence in Teaching Award for her work. Ms. Ruggles believes that if one really has dedication and passion for their work, they must explore their interests and keep an open mind. She hopes to continue having the opportunity to teach students into the future.
Ella is an integral asset to the faculty assisting students with skills to enhance their knowledge in education with the latest in technology. Her expertise in media technology, video production, editing and videography have awarded her with various accolades and recognition throughout the course of her career.
A member of the Project Grad Facility since its start in 2001, Ella has done video work for independent production companies and has been the producer and director of several programs and media series.
To keep up with the latest in the industry, Ella remains an active member of the International Women's Association and the National Association of Professional Women. Honored with the Instructor of the Year distinction by her students, she currently serves on the Advisory Board for the Children's Museum of Oak Ridge and is a Board Member of Anderson County Business Technology Junior Achievement.
For more information, please visit www.pstcc.edu
CONTACT: Katherine Green, 516-825-5634, firstname.lastname@example.org
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/ella-ruggles-is-recognized-by-continental-whos-who-as-a-pinnacle-professional-300241975.html
SOURCE Continental Who's Who