PHILADELPHIA, Pennsylvania, November 25, 2015 /PRNewswire/ --
- Will Also Offer Point-of-Care Continuing Medical Education (CME)
Elsevier, a world-leading provider of scientific, technical and medical information products and services, will feature latest diagnostic imaging textbooks and decision support tools, as well as prominent radiology and diagnostic imaging authors and experts at the Radiological Society of North America (RSNA) 2015 Annual Meeting, Nov. 29 - Dec. 4, at McCormick Place, Chicago, IL.
Among the activities taking place at Elsevier's booth (#1104):
Elsevier Meet & Greet and Author Book Signings:
- Distinguished Professor of Radiology Dr. Anne G. Osborn, recipient of the first RSNA Outstanding Educator Award, will be available on Monday, Nov. 30, from 11:30 am - noon to sign copies of her new book, Diagnostic Imaging: Brain, 3rd edition.
- Dr. Jeffrey S. Ross, co-author of Diagnostic Imaging: Spine, 3rd edition, and Dr. Melissa L. Rosado-de-Christenson, author of Specialty Imaging: Thoracic Neoplasms, will sign their books on Monday, Nov. 30, from 10:30 - 11 am.
- Dr. Mitchell E. Tublin, author of Diagnostic Imaging: Genitourinary, 3rd edition, and Dr. Aya Kamaya, co-author of Diagnostic Ultrasound: Abdomen and Pelvis, will sign their books on Tuesday, Dec. 1 from 1 - 1:30 pm.
- Professor of Radiology Dr. Paula Woodward, who won RSNA's Outstanding Educator Award in 2014, will be at Elsevier's booth on Thursday, Dec. 3. Dr. Woodward holds the David S. Bragg, MD, and Marcia R. Bragg Presidential Endowed Chair in Oncologic Imaging at the University of Utah.
In addition STATdx®, a diagnostic decision support system for radiologists, will celebrate its 10th anniversary this year at RSNA. In recognition, Elsevier will showcase how the product has evolved and will offer, for the first time at RSNA, point-of-care continuing medical education (CME) credits to physicians for searches they complete in STATdx.
Dr. Osborn will be available to present STATdx case examples on Sunday, Nov. 29, from 12:30 - 1 pm and from 11:30 am - noon on Tuesday, Dec. 1, and Wednesday, Dec. 2, at Elsevier's booth.
"This year, Elsevier is once again proud to showcase our educational tools and solutions for diagnostic imaging at RSNA," said Judith Fletcher, Vice President of Content, Elsevier Clinical Solutions. "RSNA is the most prestigious, well-attended conference for the radiology and diagnostic imaging industry and we look forward to presenting radiologists and other industry experts in attendance with the tools and information they depend on."
Elsevier is a world-leading provider of information solutions that enhance the performance of science, health, and technology professionals, empowering them to make better decisions, deliver better care, and sometimes make groundbreaking discoveries that advance the boundaries of knowledge and human progress. Elsevier provides web-based, digital solutions - among them ScienceDirect, Scopus, Elsevier Research Intelligence and ClinicalKey - and publishes more than 2,500 journals, including The Lancet and Cell, and more than 33,000 book titles, including a number of iconic reference works. Elsevier is part of RELX Group plc, a world-leading provider of information solutions for professional customers across industries. http://www.elsevier.com
Director, Corporate Relations