Embraer Releases Second Quarter 2012 Results
SAO JOSE DOS CAMPOS, Brazil, July 30, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Embraer's (NYSE: ERJ), (BM&FBOVESPA: EMBR3):
- During the 2nd quarter of 2012 (2Q12) Embraer delivered 35 jets to the commercial aviation market and 20 to the executive aviation market (17 light jets and 3 large jets);
- As a consequence, 2Q12 Revenues reached US$ 1,717.3 million and Gross margin grew from 22.4% in 2Q11 to 23.6% in 2Q12;
- 2Q12 operating performance was strong and as a result EBIT and EBITDA margins reached 11.5% and 15.4%, respectively, for an accumulated EBIT and EBITDA margin of 9.9% and 14.4%, respectively, for the first semester of 2012;
- Positive operating cash generation of US$ 189.1 million in 2Q12;
- 2Q12 Net income attributable to Embraer Shareholders and Earning per ADS basic totaled US$ 54.3 million and US$ 0.2996, respectively, primarily as a result of Deferred income taxes generated by the appreciation of the US Dollar during the period, which negatively impacted 2Q12 Net income. Therefore, 2Q12 Adjusted Net Income, excluding deferred income taxes, was US$ 186.5 million;
MAIN FINANCIAL INDICATORS
in million of U.S. dollars, except % and per share data
EBIT Margin %
EBITDA Margin %
Adjusted Net Income
Net income attributable to Embraer Shareholders
Earnings per share - ADS basic (US$)
(1) Derived from unaudited financial information.
2012 GUIDANCE REVISION
The Company is revising its 2012 EBIT and EBITDA margin Guidance ranges, as detailed in the full document.
For additional information, please check the full document in our website:
CONFERENCE CALL INFORMATION
Embraer will host a conference call to present its 2Q12 Results in IFRS on Tuesday, July, 31, 2012 at 12:30PM (SP) / 11:30AM (NY). The conference call will also be broadcast live over the web at http://ri.embraer.com.br.
Operator Assisted (US/ Canada) Toll-Free Dial-In Number: (877) 846-1574
Operator Assisted International Dial-In Number: (+1 708) 290-0687
Your own International Toll-Free number for Brazil: 0800 047 4803 (land line) and 0800 047 4801 (cell phone)
Luciano Froes, Caio Pinez, Claudio Massuda, Juliana Villarinho and Paulo Ferreira
(+55 12) 3927-4404
Follow Embraer's IR Department on twitter: @IREmbraer
SOURCE Embraer S.A.
More by this Source
Embraer: Geostationary satellite will ensure the security of Brazilian communications
Nov 28, 2013, 17:58 ET
Embraer Sells One More E190 to BA CityFlyer
Nov 26, 2013, 07:32 ET
Embraer Executive Jets Announces Purchase Agreement with Arab Wings for Lineage 1000
Nov 19, 2013, 16:12 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.