VIENNA, Nov. 6, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- MOMENTUM 2012 --
- Announces EMC Documentum xCP 2.0 for building information centric solutions
- Includes the industry's first unified solution design tool for increased agility and up to 50% faster time to value
- Optimized for private cloud deployment through tight integration with VMware technologies and tools
- Deliver solutions that enhance productivity and delight end users with a modern, intuitive experience and Apple iPad support
- Ecosystem of EMC partners already engaged in bringing innovative solutions to market
At Momentum, the EMC Information Intelligence Group's EMEA user conference, EMC Corporation (NYSE: EMC) today announces EMC® Documentum® xCP 2.0, a next-generation solution development platform for delivering cloud based information centric and case management solutions. Documentum xCP 2.0 enables customers and partners to achieve unprecedented productivity, intelligence and agility. Based on the foundation of Documentum 7 also announced today, Documentum xCP 2.0 integrates advanced ECM capabilities with business process management capabilities to deliver breakthrough performance and scalability.
Documentum xCP 2.0 delivers rich value, enabling customers and partners to build advanced, innovative solutions across multiple industries, such as loan servicing and customer on-boarding solutions in financial services, tax processing and citizen services solutions in public sector, as well as cross-industry solutions such as contracts management, invoice automation and accounts payable solutions. A rich ecosystem of EMC global partners participated in an early access program for xCP 2.0, and are actively building innovative solutions on top of this platform.
Documentum xCP2.0: Productivity, Intelligence and Agility
Productivity: Solutions that end users love
xCP 2.0 transforms information worker productivity by delivering compelling purpose built user experiences that deliver the right information at the right time within a business process. By delivering modern and intuitive applications across form factors including Apple iPad, xCP 2.0 enables an increasingly mobile workforce.
Intelligence: Better business decisions powered by Big Data
Making accurate and timely decisions is a top priority in the modern enterprise and the focus of many case management applications. By bringing together content, process and business analytics, xCP 2.0 embeds Big Data within business processes and provides insight to drive better decisions and outcomes.
Agility: Fastest time to value in the industry
This new release dramatically improves time to value by expediting development, deployment, and maintenance of solutions. The unified xCP Designer enables application developers to visually compose rich solutions without the need to code, and partner more closely with business analysts to rapidly iterate and accelerate the design and implementation of solutions.
xCP 2.0 includes a library of prebuilt components, available as free downloads in the EMC Community Network (ECN), that enable application developers to quickly deliver solutions the business will love. This release promotes a design philosophy focused on reuse and openness. Custom components can be built leveraging open technologies and reused across projects further improving the time to delivery of additional applications.
xCP 2.0 is optimized for cloud-based deployment and takes advantage of the new Documentum xCelerated Management System (xMS) which:
- Reduces deployment time from weeks to hours by orchestrating the automated provisioning of environments into the VMware private cloud
- Dramatically lowers cost by reducing the dependency on specialized expertise, increases repeatability and utilizes best practices
- Maximizes solution uptime through built-in monitoring and alerting
xCP 2.0 solutions can also be available via EMC® OnDemand as a private cloud deployment hosted model, fully managed by EMC experts.
Johnny Gee, Chief Technology Officer, Beach Street
"Documentum xCP 2.0 has transformed how Beach Street builds and deploys applications by creating a single designer interface that allows you to configure various components like workflows, user interfaces, process reporting, and external system integrations with very little custom coding. As one of the charter members of the Early Access Program, we are excited to build the second generation of our Contracts, Invoice and HR Automation solutions on xCP 2.0."
Rohit Ghai, Vice President, Products, Information Intelligence Group at EMC
"EMC is thrilled to deliver xCP 2.0 to the market, as we make the best platform for delivering information centric solutions even better. The new xCP Designer is truly transformative for enabling our customers and partners to rapidly build solutions that delight the end user. The reception and response to this release from our partner ecosystem has been truly phenomenal."
Follow EMC at Momentum:
- Discover all Momentum News
- Visit the EMC Community Network to follow the Momentum conference
- Follow the @EMC_Momentum account and join the conversation using #mmtm12 on Twitter
- Stay connected with Momentum on Facebook, YouTube, and LinkedIn
- Learn more about EMC Documentum xCP
- Watch the video
- Join the EMC Documentum communities on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, SlideShare, the EMC Community Network
EMC Corporation is a global leader in enabling businesses and service providers to transform their operations and deliver IT as a service. Fundamental to this transformation is cloud computing. Through innovative products and services, EMC accelerates the journey to cloud computing, helping IT departments to store, manage, protect and analyze their most valuable asset — information — in a more agile, trusted and cost-efficient way. Additional information about EMC can be found at www.EMC.com.
EMC, Documentum are registered trademarks or trademarks of EMC Corporation in the United States and other countries. All other trademarks herein are the property of their respective holders.
SOURCE EMC Corporation