LAS VEGAS, May 2, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- EMC WORLD --
- EMC releases EMC ViPR® Controller 3.0 Software Defined Storage, designed to bridge traditional and cloud native environments, with support for over 50 EMC and third-party storage products
- Enables customers to condense manual tasks by up to 73%, drastically reducing errors, management overhead and OPEX
- Includes open source innovations from the CoprHD Project, with features such as a Southbound SDK (software development kit) to help customers and platform vendors extend ViPR Controller's automation and management capabilities to their storage products
- Supports high availability business requirements, eliminating single points of failure and providing additional backup options to preserve critical data in case of disaster
Connect With Us At EMC World 2016:
- Session Streaming: For video of keynotes, general sessions, backstage sessions, and EMC TV coverage, click here
- Social: Follow @EMCWorld, @EMCCorp, and @EMC_News, and join conversations with #EMCWORLD, and like EMC on Facebook
- Photos: Access event photos via Flickr
- Live Chat: Click here to join the "Ask Me Anything" CrowdChat with Jeremy Burton, President of Products and Marketing, on Tues., May 3 at 12:00 PM PDT/ 3:00PM EDT
- News: View additional related news from the EMC Pulse Blog or visit the special EMC World News microsite here
EMC Corporation (NYSE: EMC) today announced new updates to its EMC ViPR® Controller storage automation software, designed to help customers modernize their multivendor storage environments, with support for over 50 EMC and third-party storage platforms. The latest Software Defined Storage release is designed to enable customers to drive greater levels of efficiency by reducing manual tasks by up to 73%, helping mitigate risks and freeing-up resources. ViPR Controller effectively bridges traditional and cloud native environments, providing ease of use, time savings and reduced OPEX.
Since ViPR Controller's launch in 2013, enterprises have deployed it to centralize and transform the management of multivendor storage into a single platform. ViPR Controller offers "single pane of glass" dashboard views for abstracting and pooling EMC and third-party storage resources in a customer's environment. New features in this version are designed to enable customers to improve the overall effectiveness and efficiency in managing their data centers, with a 63% average reduction in time to provision storage.
- Application-Centric Workflows that help reduce errors and improve time-to-market by enabling management of application resources without the need to understand the underlying storage solutions being used.
- The new Southbound Software Development Kit (SDK), a result of open-source based community innovation from the CoprHD™ Project, enables organizations to add ViPR Controller support for any storage system. This provides the ultimate flexibility to customers, as well as third-party storage vendors that want to add to the more than 50 storage platforms already supported by ViPR Controller.
- New native disaster recovery features enable customers to eliminate single points of failure to ensure SLAs are met, offering two backup sites in case of disaster and ensuring high availability.
ViPR Controller will be generally available in the second quarter of 2016. Customers can also download a "Free and Frictionless" trial edition of ViPR Controller. For more information, visit: ViPR download page or the CoprHD Project.
Ashish Nadkarni, Research Director, IDC
"Enterprises today are concerned about maximizing their 2nd Platform investments while beginning the move to the 3rd Platform—the crux of modernizing the data center. The ability to increase efficiency, reduce error and capture elusive OPEX benefits with storage automation is a big step toward what the data center needs to become in the growing world of cloud, mobile and IoT."
EMC Executive Quote:
Manuvir Das, Senior Vice President, Advanced Software, Emerging Technology Division, EMC Corporation
"With ViPR Controller, EMC has paved the way for unifying multivendor environments. These new features enhance some of the product's hallmarks—simplicity, extensibility and enterprise-class—in order to reduce costs and human error while addressing scale and agility. As always with ViPR Controller, we're innovating to address customer needs today and tomorrow, in any storage environment."
EMC Corporation is a global leader in enabling businesses and service providers to transform their operations and deliver IT as a service. Fundamental to this transformation is cloud computing. Through innovative products and services, EMC accelerates the journey to cloud computing, helping IT departments to store, manage, protect and analyze their most valuable asset – information – in a more agile, trusted and cost-efficient way. Additional information about EMC can be found at www.EMC.com.
CoprHD, ViPR and EMC are trademarks or registered trademarks of EMC Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks used are the property of their respective owners.
This release contains "forward-looking statements" as defined under the Federal Securities Laws. Actual results could differ materially from those projected in the forward-looking statements as a result of certain risk factors, including but not limited to: (i) risks associated with the proposed acquisition of EMC by Denali Holdings, Inc., the parent company of Dell, Inc., including, among others, assumptions related to the ability to close the acquisition, the expected closing date and its anticipated costs and benefits; (ii) adverse changes in general economic or market conditions; (iii) delays or reductions in information technology spending; (iv) the relative and varying rates of product price and component cost declines and the volume and mixture of product and services revenues; (v) competitive factors, including but not limited to pricing pressures and new product introductions; (vi) component and product quality and availability; (vii) fluctuations in VMware, Inc.'s operating results and risks associated with trading of VMware stock; (viii) the transition to new products, the uncertainty of customer acceptance of new product offerings and rapid technological and market change; (ix) risks associated with managing the growth of our business, including risks associated with acquisitions and investments and the challenges and costs of integration, restructuring and achieving anticipated synergies; (x) the ability to attract and retain highly qualified employees; (xi) insufficient, excess or obsolete inventory; (xii) fluctuating currency exchange rates; (xiii) threats and other disruptions to our secure data centers or networks; (xiv) our ability to protect our proprietary technology; (xv) war or acts of terrorism; and (xvi) other one-time events and other important factors disclosed previously and from time to time in EMC's filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. EMC disclaims any obligation to update any such forward-looking statements after the date of this release.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/emc-launches-vipr-controller-30-storage-automation-software-300260659.html
SOURCE EMC Corporation