LAS VEGAS, May 2, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- EMC WORLD
- New EMC Unity family of simple, affordable storage systems deliver enterprise capabilities, all-flash performance and cloud-like simplicity for under $18,000
- Designed specifically for small, mid-sized and departmental enterprise IT deployments
- Available in all-flash array, hybrid array, software-defined and converged configurations
- Order-of-magnitude leaps in performance and simplicity over the current generation of competing data storage products
- Delivers a rich set of unified file and block storage services in a dense 2U footprint, unmatched by competing data storage offerings
- Xpect More programs offer lifecycle maintenance price protection
Connect With Us
- Session Streaming: For video of keynotes, general sessions, backstage sessions, and EMC TV coverage, click here
- Social: Follow @EMCWorld, @EMCCorp, @EMC_News and @EMCStorage, and join conversations with #EMCWORLD, and like EMC on Facebook
- Photos: Access event photos via Flickr
- Live Chat: Click here to join the "Ask Me Anything" CrowdChat with Jeremy Burton, President of Products and Marketing, on Tues., May 3 at 12:00 PM PDT/ 3:00PM EDT
- News: Read the channel perspective on Unity and view additional related news from the EMC Pulse Blog or visit the special EMC World News microsite here
- Reflections: Read Core Technologies President, Guy Churchward's Reflections post on today's announcements here
- Unity: Visit the EMC Store, the EMC Community Network Site and The Core Blog
EMC Corporation (NYSE: EMC) today announced EMC Unity™, a new family of storage systems that helps simplify and modernize the data center. Unity is the latest member of EMC's all flash portfolio delivering highly affordable file and block storage for small and medium-sized IT departments. Unity joins EMC's portfolio of all-flash storage arrays – XtremIO®, VMAX® All Flash and DSSD™ D5™ – to ensure that, no matter what a customer needs, EMC has a purpose-built solution to fit virtually any data center use case.
Simple By Design
EMC Unity offers cloud-like proactive management and monitoring through a modern HTML5 task-oriented interface that leads the user through daily operations and integrates with VMware and Microsoft ecosystems for easy third-party management. It features new Proactive Assist™ capabilities designed to give IT control, visibility and automated management of Unity storage systems. Unity service data can also be viewed within EMC MyService360™, a new online service providing customers with real-time visibility into the health and wellness of their EMC environment. MyService360 provides IT with analysis of EMC product code levels, connectivity status, capacity alerts, service activity by site, and more.
With 3X the performance of EMC's previous generation VNX® arrays, EMC Unity can deliver up to 300K IOPS. EMC Unity is purpose-built to deliver value to customers with predictable all-flash performance and enterprise-class features including:
- True dual-active controller architecture
- Support for file, block and VVols
- Snapshots and remote sync/async replication
- Native, controller-based encryption
- New scalable file-system for transactional and traditional file use cases
- VMware VASA 2.0, VAAI, VVols, VMware-Aware Integration
- Complete REST-API for automation and DevOps use cases
- Integrated Copy Data Management with EMC iCDM
- Zero-impact garbage collection
Since every business has its own unique storage challenges, Unity has been designed to offer greater flexibility and deployment options than competing data storage offerings. With the ability to scale up to 3 Petabytes (PB) and up to 300K IOPS, EMC Unity is the industry's first data storage solution for midsized IT to be available in all of the following unified configurations:
- Purpose-built: Unity is available as a purpose-built all-flash array, designed from the ground up for the flash data center. Additionally, Unity can be deployed in a hybrid configuration to meet individual business requirements
- Software-Defined: UnityVSA™ offers the advanced file and block storage and data management features of Unity to be easily deployed as a virtual appliance
- Converged: VCE® Vblock™ and VxBlock™ System 350 configurations are orderable immediately
Designed for all flash, Unity provides some of the best flash economics in the industry, starting under $18,000. Additional inline data services will be added in the future to further lower effective $/GB cost. Unity also introduces a new level of affordability for customers deploying hybrid arrays, with prices starting under $10,000. Unity provides incredible unified storage density, with up to 80TB of all-flash storage in a dense, 2U array.
EMC believes that data protection should be an integral part of the design and deployment of every data storage environment. Unity offers tight integration with EMC Data Domain® and EMC Data Protection Suite™ to ensure that workloads are seamlessly protected.
All-flash Unity options also qualify for EMC's Xpect More™ program, offering lifetime maintenance price protection, flash endurance protection and three-year money-back warranty.
EMC Unity is available for purchase today. All-flash configurations start at under $18,000. Hybrid array configurations start at under $10,000.
Sean Wedige, CTO, Global Enterprise Solutions at Rackspace
"At Rackspace, we deploy a lot of storage arrays - we have to in order to support our customers' growing needs for storage. And it's business critical for us to do that quickly, simply and without downtime. Unity's simple user interface and inflight patching means we can count on the fingers of one hand the number of clicks needed for provisioning, and can help ensure we never have to come offline to add more capacity. Unity provides us with a new level of flexibility and affordability; benefits that we're then able to pass on to our customers."
Mark Peters, Practice Director and Senior Analyst, ESG
"Businesses with midsized IT needs don't want a stripped-down or supposedly-simplified enterprise storage array – instead, such businesses need a solution that is built from the ground up with their needs in mind. With Unity, EMC is combining its decade of flash expertise with its trusted midsized storage market knowledge and leadership in order to deliver an all-flash solution that that has all of the features expected in the enterprise, but packaged affordably to meet midsized IT needs."
Jack Rondoni, Vice President of Storage Networking, Brocade
"Legacy networks were not designed to achieve the maximum potential of flash. Brocade has created innovative networking solutions that can be combined with EMC storage arrays to deliver simple management, incredible performance and flexible deployment options. When leveraged together, EMC Unity and Brocade Fibre Channel and IP storage networking helps modernize the data center with the power and simplicity of flash."
Vinu Thomas, Chief Technology Officer, Presidio
"As our customers tackle big data apps, data lakes, data centers and hybrid cloud, it's crucial to have multiprotocol storage systems that can deal with all types of data efficiently. That's what EMC Unity delivers on. It also provides more density and performance at an affordable price, along with the simplicity and reliability IT professionals need as they modernize their data centers."
EMC Executive Quote
Jeff Boudreau, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Mid-Range Solutions, Core Technologies Division at EMC
"EMC Unity offers modern data center simplicity and all-flash performance in an affordable package. Designed specifically to get the most out of all-flash media, EMC is making it simpler and more affordable for both SMEs and enterprises to modernize their data centers. With the launch of Unity, 2016 is truly the year of all-flash for EMC."
EMC Corporation is a global leader in enabling businesses and service providers to transform their operations and deliver IT as a service. Fundamental to this transformation is cloud computing. Through innovative products and services, EMC accelerates the journey to cloud computing, helping IT departments to store, manage, protect and analyze their most valuable asset – information – in a more agile, trusted and cost-efficient way. Additional information about EMC can be found at www.EMC.com.
Data Domain, Data Protection Suite, Proactive Assist, Unity, UnityVSA, Vblock, Vxblock, VCE, VMAX, VNX, Xpect More, XtremIO and EMC are trademarks or registered trademarks of EMC Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks used are the property of their respective owners.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/emc-unity-breaks-new-ground-for-all-flash-storage-simplicity-and-affordability-300260667.html
SOURCE EMC Corporation