SAN JOSE, Calif., Nov. 4, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- With the addition of MAX32600MBED to the ARM® mbed™ IoT Device Platform program, mbed engineers and IoT developers can quickly develop embedded systems based on the MAX32600 microcontroller (MCU) from Maxim Integrated Products, Inc. (NASDAQ: MXIM).
- Details for MAX32600MBED: http://bit.ly/MAX32600MBED
- MAX32600MBED hi-res image: http://bit.ly/MAX32600MBED_image
- Start designing now: http://bit.ly/MAX32600MBED_ARM_mbed
To make it easier and faster to design Internet of Things (IoT) applications with differentiated silicon, Maxim has developed software libraries and development hardware for its MCUs to be prototyped through mbed. MAX32600MBED includes a MAX32600 ARM Cortex®-M3 based microcontroller, prototyping area with adjacent access to precision analog front end (AFE) connections, I/O access through Arduino®-compatible connectors, additional I/O access through 100mil x 100mil headers, USB interface, and other general-purpose I/O devices.
- Fast time to market: Ease of design with access to software, tools, infrastructure, and support community
- Integrated security: On-board trust protection unit
- Low power: 175µA/MHz with full SRAM retention in 1.5µA standby mode
- "Maxim has been making microcontrollers for a long time for specific markets; now with our mbed supported platform, we're opening up our technology so any developer and any application can make use of our security, analog, and low power technology," said Kris Ardis, Executive Director for Micros & Security, Maxim Integrated. "We will continue to support the mbed ecosystem on upcoming Maxim microcontrollers, enabling any designer to build secure, power-conscious Internet of Things applications."
- "Trusted products are required for enterprises looking to take advantage of IoT deployment for efficiencies," said Zach Shelby, Vice President of Marketing, IoT Business, ARM. "Maxim's offering brings secure, low power, mixed-signal microcontrollers to ease the development path to IoT products, and this will be welcomed by the growing mbed community."
Availability and Pricing
The MAX32600MBED development platform is available for $49 at Maxim's website.
Demonstration at ARM TechCon
The MAX32600MBED development platform will be demonstrated at Maxim's stand in the mbed Zone at ARM TechCon 2015 in Santa Clara, CA, from November 11-12.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
About Maxim Integrated
Maxim is bringing new levels of analog integration to automotive, cloud data center, mobile consumer, and industrial applications. We're making technology smaller, smarter, and more energy efficient, so that our customers can meet the demands of an integrated world. Learn more at http://www.maximintegrated.com.
SOURCE Maxim Integrated Products, Inc.