"The combination of global content acquisition, content provider relationships and managed service capabilities with the power of the CloudVOD platform creates a highly automated, industry-leading solution for aggregation, processing, delivery and management of our clients' content to any VOD platform globally," said Chris Walters, Encompass CEO. "With Microsoft Azure, we are able to provide cost-effective processing, storage and network scalability that caters to the requirements of our clients' VOD workflows while providing high availability, enterprise-grade security and industry credentials."
Key components of the CloudVOD platform include:
- End-to-end managed service operated by the company's global team of VOD experts from dedicated facilities worldwide.
- Global scale leveraging infrastructure and platform services from Azure.
- Extensive processing capabilities providing highly configurable transformation capabilities including transcode, branding, DRM, packaging, QC, image processing and metadata manipulation.
- Integrated media asset management platform providing full, multi-language, lifecycle management and secure archiving of content and metadata.
- Library of content and VOD platform integration allowing Encompass to rapidly on-board new clients and platforms.
Encompass' clients can launch global VOD services while complementing the security and integrity of their content throughout the lifecycle by using Azure's MPAA and CDSA certified components across authentication, storage and processing, among others. Azure is the first multi-tenant cloud service provider to achieve these important industry certifications, which demonstrate Azure's commitment to protecting customers' content according to the requirements of the media industry, through a risk-based approach to secure processes and operations.
"Encompass offers a unique value proposition for our mutual customers who need to deliver content to an increasing number of platforms and partners, and don't want to worry about managing the technology infrastructure," said Sudheer Sirivara, general manager, Azure Media Services, Microsoft Corp. "We're pleased to see Encompass benefit from the global scale and high availability of Azure."
Encompass is a global technology services company focused on supporting TV networks, broadcasters, sports leagues and digital leaders with the delivery of their linear/nonlinear video content across television and digital platforms. Services include: global transmission and connectivity, channel playout, OTT/TVE streaming and VOD, live events and disaster recovery. For more information, please visit www.encompass.tv, and follow us on social media – LinkedIn and Twitter.
Director at Spark PR
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/encompass-to-offer-cloudvod-a-cloud-based-video-on-demand-solution-using-microsoft-azure-300357657.html
SOURCE Encompass Digital Media