ASPEN, Colo., June 26, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Heading into its ninth year, the Aspen Ideas Festival, presented by the Aspen Institute and The Atlantic, continues to broaden its reach and engage with more people than ever before on ideas that matter. A major focus throughout the Festival, which opens today, is increasing live and on-demand video opportunities for online viewers around the world. Multiple sessions will be broadcast live each day and a full schedule will be posted before the Festival and updated regularly here:
Additionally, season 2 of The Aspen Institute Presents, a five-part series, will be transmitting directly from the Aspen Ideas Festival. The show is produced exclusively for public television's WORLD Channel and hosted by PBS NewsHour's Hari Sreenivasan and BBC's Jon Stewart. Regular national video alerts will also highlight the day's debates, interviews, and revelations throughout the week-long Festival.
People can now join the Aspen Ideas Festival conversation online in more ways than ever before:
- Twitter: Follow @AspenIdeas, tweet your thoughts using #AspenIdeas, and follow our speakers at http://as.pn/ideasspkrs13
- Facebook: Like us at Facebook.com/AspenIdeas
- YouTube: Subscribe to rewatch your favorite sessions or catch the ones you missed
- Instagram: See our behind-the-scenes photos and show us your point of view using #AspenIdeas
- Yahoo! Screen: Watch daily video highlights
- iTunesU: Subscribe to and download full session from this Festival and previous
- Podcast: Listen to memorable moments from the Festival with the Aspen Minute podcast
- Tumblr: Visit to see our favorite quotes, photos, and videos AIFestival.Tumblr.com
"As the Festival continues to grow each year, so do the opportunities we have to reach new and diverse audiences online and around the world," said Kitty Boone, vice president of public programs at the Aspen Institute and director of the Aspen Ideas Festival. "Our hope is to make the Festival open and accessible to as many people as possible."
The following media outlets will be broadcasting live or tape delayed from the Festival, so watch for local listings and airtimes:
- MSNBC's "Andrea Mitchell Reports" and "The Last Word with Lawrence O'Donnell"
- CNBC's "Closing Bell with Maria Bartiromo" and "On the Money"
- NPR's "Tell Me More" with Michel Martin
- BBC's "The Forum" with Bridget Kendall
- Sirius XM's "Stand Up! with Pete Dominick" on channel 104 and "Polioptics with Joshua King" on POTUS channel 124
- Minnesota Public Radio
- Huffington Post Live
- Aspen Public Radio airing live and taped sessions. Check www.aspenpublicradio.org.
You can also get more event coverage from The Atlantic, co-presenter of the Festival, on the TheAtlantic.com's "Ideas Special Report." The special online section includes:
- Special commentaries and observations from Atlantic writers and editors on the ground in Aspen
- Video interviews with Festival speakers
- Video highlights from select sessions
- Photo galleries
The "Ideas Special Report" coincides with the July/August Ideas of The Atlantic in print and online, focused on some of the most powerful ideas shaping our world. For more, visit http://www.theatlantic.com/special-report/ideas-2013/.
About The Atlantic
Since 1857, The Atlantic has played a central role in shaping the national debate on current affairs and cultural trends. Dedicated to bold, independent, diverse, and highly reasoned perspectives, its writers, bloggers, and critics represent the best in American journalism. The Atlantic's award-winning commentary and coverage can be found in its magazine, on its website at www.TheAtlantic.com, and at events produced by its industry-leading events division, AtlanticLIVE.
About the Aspen Institute
The Aspen Institute is an educational and policy studies organization based in Washington, DC. Its mission is to foster leadership based on enduring values and to provide a nonpartisan venue for dealing with critical issues. The Institute is based in Washington, DC; Aspen, Colorado; and on the Wye River on Maryland's Eastern Shore. It also has offices in New York City and an international network of partners. For more information, visit www.aspeninstitute.org.
SOURCE Aspen Ideas Festival