MIAMI, Nov. 7, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Getaroom.com, a leading online discount hotel stay company, announced today ten tips for travelers looking to get out of town for the holidays. Despite the crowds that travel during the Thanksgiving, Hanukkah, and Christmas holidays, savvy travelers can find good hotel rates and flights by choosing the right dates and destinations.
Here are ten tips that can help travelers save cash:
- Book early! Rates are expected to go up as it gets closer to the holidays. Early booking also means you can grab a room at preferred hotels before they fill up.
- Heading out of town for Thanksgiving? Consider traveling early morning on Thanksgiving Day and returning on Saturday to avoid the rush of travelers and to take advantage of lower hotel room rates.
- Want to enjoy a carriage ride in Central Park? Rates in NYC go down by as much as 60% after December 15th, so wait a little while to find a hot deal.
- Alternate airports can offer you substantial savings to top destinations. Consider Fort Lauderdale or West Palm Beach instead of Miami, or choose Midway when flying to Chicago instead of the massive O'Hare airport.
- Traveling on Christmas Eve can be a lower option on flights and hotel room stays. Return the following Saturday for even lower costs.
- Top destinations for the holidays according to Getaroom.com are Anaheim, San Diego, Cancun, Fort Lauderdale, Honolulu, Palm Springs, Atlanta and Atlantic City
- Las Vegas is very inexpensive the weekend after New Year's. Let the party die down and enjoy great bargain rates such as The Quad, with center-Strip location for $20 a night. NYC is even on sale during this weekend – rates at the Millennium Broadway Hotel can be found from $170 a night.
- Use the phone to find the best rates! Getaroom.com offers personalized service with its unpublished rates that can only be acquired through its call center. More than 30,000 hotels participate in the exclusive program.
- Grab flights early in the morning as they are often the cheapest option during peak flight times. You'll be up early with excitement anyway, so you might as well get your trip started.
- Get to the airport early. Due to overbookings during busy times you don't want to miss your flight as you might have to wait hours or days to get another one. An extra hour at home isn't worth all of the frustration of missing a flight.
To secure the very best online pricing for winter destinations around the globe, visit www.getaroom.com.
Getaroom.com provides travelers a state-of-the-art lodging website (www.getaroom.com) which offers travelers the lowest hotel rates on the Internet. Clients calling its toll-free call center at 800-HOTELS-8 (800-468-3578) can also receive the benefits of unpublished pricing, with hotel rates typically 10 to 20 percent less than published rates on its site and other internet sites and as much as 50 percent less. There is full disclosure about the property at time of booking including the hotel name and exact location. Getaroom.com offers accommodations at national chain and independent boutique properties in major destinations in the U.S. and Europe.