ALTOONA, Pa., June 4, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Make this summer unforgettable. The Alleghenies offers visitors a little bit of everything throughout summer, from July 4th to Labor Day weekend.
Enjoy all summer has to offer with these events:
- Walking Tour of Downtown Bedford (Fridays throughout the summer)- Bedford, PA
Learn and explore the rich history of downtown Bedford during a FREE walking tour.
- Altoona Curve (throughout summer)- Altoona, PA
Come cheer on the Curve as they hit it out of the park when they take on the Baysox, Seawolves, Aeros, Senators, Seadogs and Fighting Phils.
- 50th Trolley Operations Anniversary (July 6)- Rockhill Furnace, PA
Celebrate 50 years of operation at Rockhill Trolley Museum. Learn about trolleys, enjoy a leisurely ride through the countryside and see historic cars being restored.
- Central PA Festival of the Arts (July 11-14)- State College, PA
Ranked as one of 100 of the Best Fine Art & Design Shows in America, the festival kicks off with Children's Day, a nationally ranked sidewalk sale, visual arts and entertainment.
- Somerfest (July 19)- Somerset, PA
Join us for Laurel Arts' annual festival featuring live entertainment, arts and crafts vendors, food and a children's activity area.
- Bedford County Fair (July 21-27)- Bedford, PA
Visit animal exhibitions, skill demonstrations, artwork displays, speedway events and the excitement of the midway.
- Music in the Mountains (July 27 and August 31)- Somerset, PA
Enjoy a relaxing evening of food, wine and concert performances by Glenn Henry and Brougher Pro Sound.
- Ameriserv Flood Music Festival (August 2-4)- Johnstown, PA
This music festival features four stages and more than 25 acts annually, representing the best in American roots music.
- Broad Top Area Coal Miners Heritage Days (August 2-4)- Robertsdale, PA
Enjoy a trip back in time and explore coal mining displays, presentations, walking tours and special activities about coal mining and railroading on the Broad Top Coal field.
- Juniata County Fair (August 31-September 7)- Port Royal, PA
This year marks the 159th anniversary of the Juniata County fair. Bring your family to experience the rides, games, horse racing and food.
The Alleghenies: The Alleghenies Tourism Council is a partnership of organizations interested in further developing the tourism industry and economic development opportunities in an eight county region in Southcentral Pennsylvania. The Council works under the umbrella of the Southern Alleghenies Planning & Development Commission, a non-profit economic development agency. For more information on The Alleghenies, call 1-800-458-3433 or visit www.TheAlleghenies.com. To create your itinerary, visit www.TourTheAlleghenies.com
SOURCE The Alleghenies Tourism Council