UPPER SADDLE RIVER, N.J., July 17, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Winning a new Apple iPad® is no sweat this summer, with the "Tweet Life" sweepstakes from the makers of Thompson's®Water Seal®products. From July 1-31, just take to Twitter and share with the world why your deck makes it a sweet life. Use up to 140 characters (which must include the hashtag @TWSTweetLife) to explain how you grill, chill, connect, disconnect and just overall feel better, thanks to your deck. (The full list of rules can be seen at www.facebook.com/thompsonswaterseal - under the NOTES section – and no purchase is necessary.)
"Our market research shows that the number one activity on deck is simply relaxing," said Brad Henderson, Thompson's Water Seal associate product manager. "Almost three-fourths of the people we talked with said they use their decks for meals and cookouts with immediate family, and more than half of folks use their decks for entertaining. No matter how you look at it, the deck is an important part of our homes, and we'd love to hear more about how it improves the quality of your life – or makes it a 'sweet life.'"
One winner will be selected at random to receive an iPad with dazzling, sharp Retina Display and 32 GB of memory, valued at $600. Research recipes for those cookouts, play tunes, shop while relaxing on deck or watch a new video on how to take your deck from drab to fabulous (http://tinyurl.com/lbhx95h). Want to tweet out a few deck facts? Consider ...
- 88% of our users have a wood deck; pine, spruce, fir and cedar are the most commonly used woods for those decks
- the average size deck for a Thompson's®Water Seal®Wood Care product user is 460 square feet
- the average age of the decks is 10 years (but 15% of the decks are 20 years or older)
- can you say grill masters – 71% of our users have a grill on the deck
- most people choose a deck stain or tinted waterproofer for their deck (vs. clear) to add color and protection
- Thompson's Water Seal waterproofers come in 124 colors
- the average deck care projects takes 2.5 gallons of deck stain
If your deck could use a little "sweetening up," get how-to tips and inspiration at www.thompsonswaterseal.com, www.facebook.com/thompsonswaterseal, www.youtube.com/user/thompsonswaterseal and www.pinterest.com/thompsonswseal.
SOURCE Thompson's Water Seal