Ensuring Pharmaceutical Organizations are Effectively Organizing and Deploying Medical Science Liaisons across Diverse Customer Groups
CHAPEL HILL, N.C., Feb. 8, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Medical Science Liaisons play a critical role in developing the relationships that drive success in the pharmaceutical sector. The importance of MSLs is demonstrated by how their customer groups have expanded and now includes regional thought leaders, important clinical investigators, local opinion leaders, payers and government thought leaders.
As the role of Medical Science Liaisons expands across a diverse set of customers in the pharmaceutical sector, organizations are finding it increasingly challenging for their MSL groups to deliver exceptional services.
To help biopharmaceutical companies better deal with the expanding role of MSL groups and the challenging environment they face, research and consulting firm Best Practices, LLC has conducted a comprehensive research study of the structure, management and services that are hallmarks of successful MSL groups.
"Medical Science Liaison Services Excellence: Generating Value for Diverse Customer Groups" explores how biopharma companies deliver exceptional MSL Services to various customer groups and stakeholders in an increasingly challenging business environment.
Topics addressed in the study included:
- Determine the structure and overall organization of Medical Science Liaisons (MSLs) Services, including geographic span, oversight responsibility and services provided to various customer segments.
- Explore the methods used by MSLs to serve stakeholders and build those stakeholder relationships.
- Identify roles, responsibilities and service levels provided to Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs).
- Explore the ways through which MSLs provide services to KOLs. Determine frequency of services during pre- and post-approval stages.
- Identify relationship development and management process used by MSLs for internal and external users.
- Determine changing trends in the field of MSL management.
- Identify risk factors involved in serving KOLs
- Explore use of new technology for providing services.
In addition, the study reviews concerns about compliance and legal limitations that are forcing companies to re-examine how their MSLs and internal medical staff can work together to build strong relationships with key customer groups and decision-makers.
This study is based on research and information provided by 35 pharmaceutical and medical device executives from 30 companies. The 145-page report provides two segments: the total benchmark class and U.S. only.
To access the full report or to download a complimentary summary containing insights found in this report, click on the following link: http://www3.best-in-class.com/rr1203.htm.
ABOUT BEST PRACTICES, LLC
Best Practices, LLC is a leading benchmarking, consulting and advisory services firm serving biopharmaceutical and medical device companies worldwide. Best Practices, LLC's clients include all the top 10 and 48 of the top 50 global healthcare companies. The firm conducts primary research and consulting using its comprehensive proprietary benchmarking tools and analysis. For more information about Best Practices, LLC visit our Web site at www.best-in-class.com.
SOURCE Best Practices, LLC