Enterasys Announces Latest Winners of the Exemplary School District Awards
School Districts across the Country Honored for Innovative Learning Styles and Advances in Curricular Growth
SALEM, N.H., April 2, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Enterasys Networks, a Siemens Enterprise Communications Company, is recognizing the next round of school districts with the Enterasys Exemplary School Award. The winners are chosen based on their educational commitment to implementing a personalized 21st century learning environment and embody the best in American education by striving to engage today's digital students through creating an individualized 24x7 mobile learning environment.
- Kimberly Area School District: Combined Locks, WI
- Matanuska-Susitna Borough School District: Palmer, AK
- Milton Hershey School: Hershey, PA
- Moore County Schools: Carthage, NC
Vala Afshar, Chief Marketing Officer & Chief Customer Officer, Enterasys Networks, @ValaAfshar
"Enterasys is proud to recognize our K-12 customers who are integrating mobility into their school districts to help students and teachers collaborate and engage in ways they couldn't before. We congratulate Kimberly Area School District, Matanuska-Susitna Borough School District, Milton Hershey School and Moore County Schools on their achievements as they continue to be great examples of using technology in the classroom to further education."
- Stimulate 24x7 Learning: To meet the demands of today's competitive global economy, schools must create lifetime learners. To promote this concept and qualify for the Enterasys Exemplary School Award, a school must institute a 1:1 or BYOD mobile learning environment.
- Facilitate Individual Instruction: Learning is not a one-size-fits-all environment. Networks and resources must be individualized to permit secure per-user, per-device policies to allow every student to individually learn and excel.
- Encourage Curricular Growth: To meet the demands of curricular change, a district must implement an infrastructure that readily adapts to curricular needs. Everyone learns differently, and the network must be prepared to meet the growing requirements of eBooks, streaming video and blended or flipped learning.
- Enterasys announcement on the first set of winners
- Enterasys K-12 Solutions Webpage
- Enterasys Social Media Newsroom
- Connect with Enterasys via Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn and Google+
About Enterasys Networks and Siemens Enterprise Communications
Siemens Enterprise Communications is a leading global provider of unified communications (UC) solutions and network infrastructure for enterprises of all sizes. Leveraging 160 years of experience, we deliver innovation and quality to the world's most successful companies, backed by a world-class services portfolio which includes international multi-vendor managed and outsourcing capabilities.
Our OpenScape communications solutions provide a seamless and efficient collaboration experience – on any device – which amplifies collective effort and dramatically improves business performance.
Together, our global team of UC experts and service professionals set the standards for a rich communications experience that empowers teams to deliver better results.
Siemens Enterprise Communications is a joint venture of The Gores Group and Siemens AG, and includes Enterasys Networks, a provider of network infrastructure and security solutions, creating a complementary and complete enterprise communications solutions portfolio.
Siemens Enterprise Communications GmbH & Co. KG is a Trademark Licensee of Siemens AG.
+1 603 952 5151
+1 617 624 3231
SOURCE Enterasys Networks
More by this Source
University of New Hampshire Pioneering Wi-Fi in Collegiate Arenas with Enterasys
Oct 22, 2013, 08:30 ET
Enterasys Drives Channel Engagement at 2013 North America Partner Conference
Oct 17, 2013, 08:30 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.