Enterasys Convenes Panel on Transforming University Technology at EDUCAUSE 2013 Booth Activities Include CIO Innovation Sessions from Top Higher Education Thought Leaders
SALEM, N.H., Oct. 9, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- As technology becomes increasingly prevalent in the education market, the need for CIOs to transform universities has become top of mind. The rapid pace of education technology advancements has motivated CIOs to implement cultural changes and reshape universities' business tactics to enhance their operations. Enterasys Networks, a Siemens Enterprise Communications Company, today announced esteemed analyst and strategic advisor, Michael Krigsman, CEO of Asuret, will lead a panel discussion at EDUCAUSE 2013 on how CIOs can effectively redesign universities by utilizing mobile, social, cloud, application and big data technologies.
Prominent higher education CIOs and customers will join Enterasys in booth #1119 to discuss technology trends and developments in education technology. Presentations will focus on utilizing mobile apps to increase productivity in the classroom and address the consumerization of IT in universities. Enterasys will also showcase several interactive demos on BYOD, business analytics, Apple Bonjour and Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs).
WHERE: EDUCAUSE 2013; Anaheim Convention Center, Meeting Room 207D, Anaheim, CA
WHEN: Wednesday, October 16, 2013, 3:40 PM PDT
WHAT: The Transformational CIO: This panel will discuss how university CIOs can be transformational: leading across functions by example, driving cultural change and redesigning business processes. The panelists will also take a look at specific examples of successfully implementing mobile, social, cloud, application and big data technology to advance the goals of universities.
Additional CIO Innovation Sessions in Booth #1119 (Register here to attend a session)
- Gloria Barlow, CIO of Wilkes University – Leveraging Enterprise Mobile Apps for Productive Student/Faculty Workflow
- Wednesday, October 16 at 10:15 AM
- Thursday, October 17 at 11:15 AM
- Baz Abouelenein, CIO of Kansas City Kansas Community College – CIO's Transformational Leadership Behaviors in Community Colleges in Relation to Information Technology Workers
- Wednesday, October 16 at 11:15 AM
- Wednesday, October 16 at 2:45 PM
- Phil Komarny, CIO of Seton Hill University – Consumerization of IT and the Cultural Shift
- Wednesday, October 16 at 1:45 PM
- Thursday, October 17 at 1:45 PM
- VIP Demo Tours
- Efficiency Through Analytics
- The industry's only fully centralized database
- Analytics and reporting provide both business and technological value
- Data Center
- Full network visibility of virtualized data centers
- Simplified synchronization of network and VMware management
- Student On-Boarding
- BYOD Done Right
- Dynamic onboarding and cataloging of all devices
- Apple Bonjour
- Elegant wireless control prevents performance loss
- Transparent access with real time visibility and control
- Enterasys University – MOOCs
- Showcasing globally adopted MOOC curriculum
- Learn how your university can participate
- Enterasys Higher Education Solutions Webpage
- Enterasys Education Momentum Announcement
- Vala Afshar's Blog Post on Higher Education CIOs 2013 Technology Spend Priorities
- University of New Hampshire Case Study Video
- Enterasys Social Media Newsroom
- Connect with Enterasys via Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn and Google+
About Enterasys Networks and Siemens Enterprise Communications
Siemens Enterprise Communications is a leading global provider of unified communications (UC) solutions and network infrastructure for enterprises of all sizes. Leveraging 160 years of experience, we deliver innovation and quality to the world's most successful companies, backed by a world-class services portfolio which includes international multi-vendor managed and outsourcing capabilities.
Our OpenScape communications solutions provide a seamless and efficient collaboration experience – on any device – which amplifies collective effort and dramatically improves business performance.
Together, our global team of UC experts and service professionals set the standards for a rich communications experience that empowers teams to deliver better results.
Siemens Enterprise Communications is a joint venture of The Gores Group and Siemens AG, and includes Enterasys Networks, a provider of network infrastructure and security solutions, creating a complementary and complete enterprise communications solutions portfolio.
Siemens Enterprise Communications GmbH & Co. KG is a Trademark Licensee of Siemens AG.
+1 603 952 5151
+1 617 624 3231
SOURCE Enterasys Networks