Enterasys Networks Leads the Way in Higher Education as Part of Educause Conference
Enterasys Networks Demonstrates Commitment to Help Higher Education Customers Fully Leverage Social Networking and Mobility
ANDOVER, Mass., Oct. 18, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Enterasys Networks, a Siemens Enterprise Communications company and premier global provider of wired and wireless network infrastructure and security solutions, today announced its plans to exhibit at the Educause Conference in Philadelphia this week, along with its continued commitment to the higher education market and its strong traction with new customers. With 350 higher education customers in the United States, including more than 40 of the top national universities ranked by US News & World Report, Enterasys provides a unique solution to higher education institutions that demand a networking solution that goes beyond basic high speed connectivity.
"Higher education institutions are experiencing unique challenges as the number of students and faculty that brings their own devices grows exponentially. In addition, the growing list of advanced network services that are now a must-have, such as enriched streaming media, distance learning, cloud-based applications and online testing, add additional availability and management challenges," said Ram Appalaraju, global vice president of marketing at Enterasys Networks. "Our network infrastructure solutions aim to result in a higher education network which allows easy access to the end user and ease-of-use to network administrators, while supporting and managing key trends such as social networking, cloud computing, and mobility."
Enterasys solutions allow customers to maintain a high degree of accessibility and flexibility to serve the needs of faculty, students, and staff, while at the same time safeguarding student privacy and the integrity of the institution's resources. Enterasys Networks will exhibit at booth number 637 at Educause in Philadelphia this week. In conjunction, Palo Alto Networks, a member of the OneFabric Ready Partner Alliance program, will be at the Enterasys booth demonstrating how its next generation firewall integrates with the Enterasys OneFabric Control Center to provide seamless policy enforcement at the network edge (wireless and wired), data center edge and Internet edge. This allows for fine-grained user and application access control in the face of the expanding number of devices and applications connecting to today's campus networks.
Enterasys Higher Education Customers Quotes
- "We recently engaged with Enterasys to conduct a three-phase overhaul of our network, which included new solutions at the core, the edge, wired and wireless, as well as new security solutions to manage our network. The end result is a stable, predictable network that provides the management tools necessary to give us visibility into potential problems, while also greatly improving the user experience with less network congestion and campus-wide mobility." Nathaniel Hewitt, Vice President for Information Systems and Technology, Wiley College
- "Enterasys has become a key partner in enabling us to embrace technology and today's new devices and tools as opposed to trying to contain it. We recognize that today's students interact with the world in radically different ways than the generations before them. Enterasys solutions give us the infrastructure we need to embrace today's wireless devices and Web 2.0 technologies, creating a network that has enabled the University to embrace wireless use among our students and faculty, while feeling secure that our users will not compromise the infrastructure." Phil Komarny , Vice President for Information Technology, CIO, Seton Hill University
- Enterasys Higher Education Solutions
- Blog post: Higher Ed and BYOD - Are you ready
- Blog post: Achieving Balance with Open Access and Secure Networks
About Enterasys Networks and Siemens Enterprise Communications
Siemens Enterprise Communications is a premier provider of end-to-end enterprise communications, including voice, network infrastructure and security solutions that use open, standards-based unified communications and business applications for a seamless collaboration experience. This award-winning "Open Communications" approach enables organizations to improve productivity and reduce costs through easy-to-deploy solutions that work within existing IT environments, delivering operational efficiencies. It is the foundation for the company's OpenPath® commitment that enables customers to mitigate risk and cost-effectively adopt unified communications. Jointly owned by The Gores Group and Siemens AG, Siemens Enterprise Communications includes Cycos and Enterasys Networks. For more information about Siemens Enterprise Communications or Enterasys please visit www.siemens-enterprise.com or www.enterasys.com.
SOURCE Enterasys Networks
More by this Source
Enterasys to Lead Discussion on Social Business Value at 2013 MIT Sloan CIO Symposium
May 16, 2013, 08:30 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.